question for ladies only

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Apr 10, 2010.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

anyone else ever have slight bleeding or spotting every day for months? i also have my regular monthly cycle. i am concerned and have a gyno appt coming up this week. i am only 40 so i dont think its perimenopause ?? any thoughts?

bigmama2
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Most women experience perimenopause at age 40.
    Good you have gyno appt to determine if this is what is happening.

Hope all goes well for you.
  3. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

maybe it is perimenopause.

someone else wrote a reply here but now it is gone. i did read it. thanks to you too.
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

Bigmamma2, I had replied yesterday, then later was going to edit, and hit delete by mistake. My daughter is getting her Masters degree as a Certified Nurse Midwife and I called and asked her about you. I'll try to remember what she told me.

She said bleeding or spotting every day for months is cause for concern (yeah we all knew that). She said you will probably be given a Histosonogram. For this they instill a fluid into the uterus so it shows up better on ultrasound. They would be looking for things like Polyps, masses, fibroids (although she felt bleeding would be heavy and painful if it were fibroids).

Is good you are seeing your Dr. this week. Hope things go well for you.

elliespad
  5. loto

loto Member

I had that problem and come to find out I had a baseball size fibroid in my uterus.
    It caused all kinds of pain and heavy, heavy periods, also.

So, I made the decision to let my gyno remove my whole uterus, and WOW, what a good decision that was!!!!!! I was able to keep my ovaries, so I didn't go straight into menopause after my surgery. That was almost a year ago, and that part of me is still doing great!!!!!
    Good luck, please keep us updated on what you find out.

loto