question for ladies re unusual periods

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Feb 2, 2007.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

hello all,
    anybody else have a period that is normal for the first few days, then completely stops for a day, then starts up again for a day or two? my periods were normal all my life till around the time severe fatigue started. then they changed to this start-stop-start thing as described above. what is that?????? any ideas?

bigmama2
  2. pocahontas606

pocahontas606 New Member

hey there - how are you?

i've been reading your posts b/c i got my saliva tests back and wanted to get your thoughts.

anyway - regarding your question, i think b/c the adrenal glands control so much of our hormonal output that is what makes your periods so "off"..ie. start/stop...etc. it's all endocrine/hormone/htp axis related (or at least i think). as your adrenals get regulated so will your thyroid, and your estrogen/progesterone and so on...

so glad to hear you are feeling so well, that's so awesome and i'm happy for you (and of course your brother too). don't worry about it going away - it will last... only on to better things, onward and upward!

3. SweetT

SweetT New Member

When I was on birth control pills, I was a 5 day bleeder----the first day light, the 2nd and 3rd day heavy and the 4th and 5th day superlight, almost not there.

I've been off of the pill for over 2 years but lately, I'll bleed for 3 days (with the second day being totally gross and heavy) and then I'll stop on the 4th day but then start lightly spotting for the 5th and 6th day.