Question for long time FMS sufferers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KLJ, Jan 11, 2003.

1. KLJ

KLJ New Member

Since I was only diagnosed 6 months ago, I feel like I have so much to learn and there are so many questions that I still have. For example, my symptoms right now are painful, but not so life limiting as some of the stories I am reading on this board. I am 28 years old now and I am wondering if the symptoms are going to get worse as I get older? Does the pain increase over time? I guess I am just starting to realize that this isn't going away, so I want to prepare myself for the future. Maybe I am finally leaving the denial stage and moving towards acceptance. Any information would be very much appreciated.
  2. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I just wanted to say welcome and we are glad to have you
    join us here. This site is very important for for us because
    it is the only support a lot of us get. Learn all you can about fm and you`ll feel a lot more in control of it. There
    is a wealth of info here to help you.

The other thing I wanted to say is that I`ve had this at
    least 15 years but probably since I was a child. And I was
    very active till the last few years when the fm got much worse for me. I am 45 now and diagnosed when I was 32.
    I was under a tremendous amount of stress when it got worse
    and I think that did it. You will have bad flares and then times when is better. In time you learn to avoid some of the things that can cause flares...Stress being high on the list. Too much sugar is another.

Keep the faith. We are all here for you!

3. KLJ

KLJ New Member

To everyone for their support and encouragement. I am so glad that I found this website. KID-SONNY.....My husband and I are in mourning today for our Steelers...what a game!
  4. dlizard

dlizard New Member

I've had this DD since I was a kid... first hospitalization at age 18 with a severe anemia... they never could actually figure out what was wrong back then,,, but things would cyclically be good then bad.... in the 80's, they called it lupus... the symptoms haven't changed but the name did to fibro for me this past year.. I've had all kinds of crazyt hings happen to me that no doctor or medical guru could ever explain... the pain hasn';t increased or decreased... the intensity of symptoms comes and goes... the flares come and go.... but the DD just doesn';t ever really totally go away.... once you start feeeling better and increasing your activities you can go BOOM really quick! It's very emotionally draining too..... I say arm yourself with knowledge and make good decisions for yourself.. keep looking for answers and hold your head up! Good luck!
  5. Ness

Ness New Member

You will find alot of support here...and Yes the Diversity is what makes this the place for me!!!! We are a Variety of all kinds of Wonderful People..

Remember that Attitude is Everything and The Mind is a Powerful tool....We can still be Happy and LIVE inspite of this illness..............

Peace and Rainbows
    Ness
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Was a couple of years older than you when I first was diagnosed with Fibro.

Its hard to say if it gets worst, or that age makes it harder to deal with the pain.

I was not sick before the Fibro, I didn't know what sick or serious pain was, it was very difficult to admit that I had a problem with my health at all.

My biggest problem was always being underweight, and a serious sleep problem, which didn't make me unable to function at the time.
    But as I got older, not sleeping became a very serious problem that caused me to be in more pain, and less productive.

Now that I have found a solution to the sleeping, I am so much better! Also I did not drink water at all, yes, not even a glass a week! I have changed that also, which I know is a great big help too.

I do know that since I take supplements, in the last year and a half I am a good 80% better than I was for years previous to that.

I have never been completely disabled, as many here are, so I think that it hits many of us in different degrees, also many have other illnesses that make the Fibro harder to deal with too.

Do not worry about the future of this illness right now, just keep focused on today, and keep educating yourself on what you can do to relieve your symptoms now, and live you life as full as you are able.
    Hopefully they will find the cause, and then the cure in your lifetime. Thats my prayer for everyone here, especially the young people with their whole lives before them.

Shalom, Shirl