Question for Madwolf.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AC77, May 16, 2003.

1. AC77

AC77 New Member

Sorry to bother you man, as I know you are busy as heck like me! But I just wanted some advice in your professional opinion, as I always seek out more than one to make a decision.

1) How can I withdrawl from a benzo rapidly, and safely. You know all the basic literature on it, substitute with a long-term one, tegretol, blah blah blah. Have you found anything that may be of assistance I am not aware of.
    Reason being is that it is no longer helping much with anxiety and sleep and is causing depression.

2) Do you think a PPI, such as the Nexium 40mgs I am on will mitigate the Cox-2 effects of NSAIDS on the stomach. As Vioxx is OK. but I prefer Ibuprofen. My regular doctor of course says he knows no more than I on this. I think that's a bunch of bull. With my GI problems and Elevated PTT (which really is only very mildly elevated at 41) as you are aware, there are those safety concerns and I find Ibuprofen the only med that helps with pain well. I dont think my new GI will give me Narcs. And I certainly cant get them at work! Kinda in slippery situation. Ultram isn't killing my pain anymore and I am up to almost 400mgs a day! I think you know a great deal about pain meds and value your advice many times over that of my D.O. (who is nice, but mildly ignorant). I am hoping 400mgs of Ibu PO q 6h PRN is not going to be an additional factor on my clotting and GI 'issues'. your professional opion is so highly regarded by me.

2. judywhit

judywhit New Member

for madwolf
  3. fibrorebel

fibrorebel New Member

Madwolf doesn't usually come to the board on weekends from what I hear so you might want to keep this on the front page until Monday. love Rebel
  4. AC77

AC77 New Member

Thats what I needed to hear. I am on Ultrm and take tylenol--usless. Maybe Tylenol 4 would be a safe option for the time. I do need my NSAID. and will look into Bextra

[ advertisement ]