Question for MAHX why did you go off Effexor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lauralea443, Jan 19, 2006.

1. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

you said it was the only thing that worked for you, so why did they take you off?

I take 150mg daily and been on it for 3-yrs. just wondering.

Thanks
    Laura
  2. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

3. lauralea443

lauralea443 New Member

4. mahx

mahx New Member

Sorry it has taken me sooo long to reply...have not been on in a few days.
    My doctor took me off for two reasons--one being my heart rate and blood pressure was up. I usually have low blood pressure--so for it to be even slightly elavated was a concern Secondly, I had been prescribed the effexor for depression from a previous doctor. My current doctor wasn't sure if my depression was the main problem --or a symtom of a larger problem. At this time i had not yet been dx with cfs or fibro------ I trust this doctor more than any previous doctor. So i agreed to go off it. At the time, i wasn't too sure, but went ahead with it. Now,
    even considering the withdrawal side effects--i am glad .
    i do still take an anti- dep. Lexapro---as i have always had SAD. For years i took a anti dep--nov-thru march or so.
    Then it was longer and longer until all year for a couple of yrs. We now know that my year long depression is a symtom of my fibro and cfs---not the cause of all my ills. As previous docs told me. Probably much more info than you wanted--nice talking with you tho. Take Care

MA
  5. mahx

mahx New Member

bumping