~~Question for Mhammie~~

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat_tastrophe, Oct 13, 2005.

1. kat_tastrophe

kat_tastrophe New Member

I saw in your profile that you have Plantar Fasciitis...Does it ever get better?!?

I have had it for easily 6 months now, and I was just getting to the point that I could walk without pain, and I messed it up again.

Does it still bother you? My Dr. told me he would inject it, but that it hurts terribly, so I've been doing the transverse friction massage only.

Just wondering...

Have a great day!
    ~Kat
  2. mhammie

mhammie New Member

I can honestly say I still have days that I can barely walk.

I think because I ignored seeing a doctor about a yr. after the pain started, that I will probably never have a complete recovery.

Chiro gave me stretching exercises that help more than the different ones the podatrist gave me.

The thing that has helped is the custom orthotic shoes. Brand name Foot Levelers. Can only get them thru my chiro.

I have tried other brands of custom orthotis, even the ones my insurance paid for, from the poditrist I found to be of no help.

I did try the shots one time for each foot. The pain relief I think was about 1 day. They are very painful.

The last time I had my right foot x-rayed (the worst of the 2) the doctor could see a spur that has developed.

What is the transverse friction massage? I have never heard of that. How well does it work for you?

I just started getting gout in the big toe of my left foot this last week.

I hope you find some relief!!!!!!!!!!

Mhammie