Question for Mikie: Probiotics, colostrum and transfer factor.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by robertin75, Nov 14, 2005.

1. robertin75

robertin75 New Member

Hi Mikie:

Which brands of probiotics, colostrum and transfer factor are you using?

Thanks,
    Roberto
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I use Jarro-Dophilus probiotics, the ones which need to be refrigerated.

I buy ProHealth's colostrum and their TF C and TF 200. I only pulse them for a couple of days every six weeks. I did not see the TF 200 in the store so will have to ask about it when my current supply runs out. I still have quite a bit.

One of the best things I have found is the undenatured whey sold here. There are a couple but I think one is as good as another. Dr. Cheney recommends the ones sold here. They are very good for the immune system.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

4. robertin75

robertin75 New Member

Mikie:

Did you ever try the probiotic primal defense, and if so, how did it work?

Which Jarro-Dophilus probiotic are you using? The Jarro-Dophilus EPS or the Jarro-Dophilus Original?

Also, where did you buy the TF 200 as Pro Health does not carry it?

Is the TF C you are referring to the product named ImmuneTransfer C? It's VERY expensive if that's the one you're taking !!!. $390 for just 90 capsules. wow !!!

Thanks,
    Roberto
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have not tried the PD. The Jarro-Dophilus is the one which has to be refrigerated. It's cheaper.

Yes, it is the Immune Transfer C which I take. Ninety capsules will take one through the initial three-month period and than all one needs to do is order another thirty capsules to use for pulsing. That's enough to last a long time pulsing a couple of days every six weeks. Obviously, I feel the TF's have been worth the money. They work better for me than drugs. Sixty tablets of Famvir is about $260, a month's supply.

I will have to call ProHealth to find out about the TF 200 when I run out. The reason I take it is because it targets both strains of the HHV-6. The TF C only targeted the less serious B strain. Perhaps the new TF C targets both and that's why they no longer have the TF 200. This is just conjecture. I will have to find out. HHV-6 is common and is very virulent so I think it's important to address it. Most AV's aren't very effective against it.

Hope this helps.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]
  6. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

If you had lyme, EBV, CMV and Claumydia-Pneumonia what transfer factor would you use and can you use it along with abx and Heparin?

Thanks,

Sandy
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I answered this in the post directed to me.

Love, Mikie