******** QUESTION FOR MIKIE ********

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by karatelady52, Nov 15, 2005.

1. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

If you had lyme, EBV, CMV and Claumydia-Pneumonia what transfer factor would you use and can you use it along with abx and Heparin?

Thanks,

Sandy
  2. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I found a good post by Mikie titled:

Transfer Factor Targets

dated 6/29/05

It has a good list of the most common TF's and the pathogens they target.

Katy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This is just my nonmedical personal view, but I think the ABX and Heparin would be a wise choice initially, especially for the Lyme which is so hard to irradicate. The ABX treatment is usually long.

At some point, when the ABX have gotten the pathogen load down a bit, the transfer factors can be even more effective. I think it's counterproductive to take them together. If the ABX just wipe out the transfer info from the TF's, they cannot train the immune system to kill the pathogen on its own.

Some docs will prescribe them together but I wonder if it's the best way to go. Most treatments which kill pathogens work better at some point if they are pulsed. Perhaps it would be beneficial to alternate the TF's and ABX. I think this would be a good question to ask the doc. Sometimes, several types of ABX are alternated too.

Things like Lyme and mycoplasmas can take years to kill off, especially if one has been ill a long time. I was on the Doxy for 2 1/2 years before I started the Heparin and then the TF's. The Heparin, by itself, can cause heavy Herxing and a big immune response as pathogens are exposed to the immune system.

Love, Mikie
  4. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Thanks, I appreciate you looking that up for me.

Sandy
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I didn't really have heavy herxing on the Heparin. It was when I started the Zithromax/Ceftin combo that I actually had to cut it in half because of awful herxing. This was ok with my FFC doctor. She also has me on Samento, Cumanda and Artemisinin.

I also pulse the abx which gives me a break and may cause the cyst form of lyme to actually come back out. I don't know if that's really been established yet.

So, what you're saying is on the days I'm off the abx, take the TF's. I will ask her about that.

Thanks so much!

Sandy
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Later on, when pulsing the ABX and staying off of it for two weeks, perhaps you could switch to the TF's then.

Still, I wonder what effect ABX have on the transfer info. Perhaps the TF's should be saved for when the ABX are finished. Ask the doc. Many docs do not understand how the TF's work, though.

Let me know what he says.

Love, Mikie
  7. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

Thanks. A few months ago, my doctor (from the FFC) asked me if I knew what transfer factors were. So I know she knows about them. I will bring it up next time I see her (in January).

Sandy