Question for Mikie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, Oct 8, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I am sorry to be bothering you right now, I know that you have not been feeling well lately. But I really need some advice.

I have been going to the FFC and have been taking anitviral, transfer factor, and Valtrex. For the past week I have been in a bad herx.

I know that you use the zapper and I have been seriously considering getting one.

What I need to know is should I wait until the herx is over or would now be a good time to get one? You seem so knowledgeable about this illness. I have been sick for 22 years and have just now found that I have the CMV, epstein barr virus, and HHPV6 along with candida and coagulation problems.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

love,
    Andrea
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I am so sorry that you are going through so much right now. The good news is that you know what is making you so sick and you are treating it. Herxing is a sign that the pathogens making you sick are dying in very large numbers. I do know the FFC's are very aggressive in treating infections. If the Herxing is more than you can handle, call the doc and ask about slowing down the treatment enough so that you can tolerate it.

Zappers kill pathogens so using one will help you kill off any funguses, viruses, and bacteria. Thing is that adding a zapper may not increase the number of pathogens killed. There are only so many in the bloodstream at one time. If the meds are already killing off what is in the bloodstream, zapping may not increase the killoff. On the other hand, I'm not sure the meds get all the pathogens and that some get away. In that case, the zapper might help. If the zapper helps to kill off more pathogens, it will increase the Herxing. I think the zappers are excellent when one is pulsing the meds later on.

Someone just posted that use of zapper increased the HIV viral load in patients infected with HIV; however, that person did not provide any more material to back up the claim. No articles nor papers on studies done. I do know that zappers kill pathogens from my own experience so I would have to read all about how any studies were done to be convinced that they could increase viral load.

Using a zapper will not hurt and it could help but right now, it sounds as though you are having difficulty with the Herxing. If it were me, I would wait until the meds have had a chance to do their thing and get the loads down before adding the zapper. Talk to your doc about the zapper if you want but don't be surprised if he or she dismisses its effectiveness.

Good luck and I hope you are feeling better.

Love, Mikie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thanks for bumping the zapper post for Andrea.

Love, Mikie
    [This Message was Edited on 10/09/2006]
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

6. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Thanks so much for your valuable insight. I read the post also about the HIV, but talking to someone who is actually using the zapper and can attest to the fact that it actually works is more than enough for me.

love,
    Andrea
  7. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

alaska 335: Thanks for bumping
  8. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

Carla: Thanks for bumping and taking the time to find the post for me.

love,
    Andrea