Question for Moderators...important to me!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jan 22, 2003.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi Mikie,Shirl~
    I"ll try to condense this. I recieved something in the US mail from a Co.selling stuff to support the immune system.The product is Biochoice immune support powder.(I assume a drink mix)?
    They sent a newsletter of some sort with the product info sheet.The newsletter is The Immune Tribune. The return address is in Florida. I'm trying to figure out how they got my name and address.Because its odd that The item came addressed to me(my name)but in c/o of my boyfriends name??and they sent it to his house.!!! I have never let anyone know this information. I have ordered from here before....and had my supplements shipped to my boyfriends home,Is there anyway that someone could have gotten my name&address thru this site?? It gives a distibuters name and #. I don't know-but I certainly feel a bit uncomfortable about this~ Let me know what you think,or even if others here had this happen to them.
    Thanks ladies,
    regards,
    Tracey
  2. tandy

tandy New Member

For a reply~ Thanks again........
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I do not believe ProHealth gives out any info on it's customers. In any case, it would make no sense for them to give out this info to a competitor; however, I would encourage you to e-mail the Webmaster with your concern as he is in a much better position to assure you.

Biochoice is often sold through a multi-level-marketing organization. Is there any other person or organization to whom you have given your boyfriend's address? Have you used his computer to access any Fibro websites? I'm just trying to think how someone might have gotten this info.

Let me know what you find out.

Love, Mikie
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I do use my boyfriends computer all the time.And yes I do come here,or when I see or hear of something on here-I'll look around researching.Usually I'll do a google search on FM. This is so weird! I guess I should use extra caution when checking things out online??!
    I'll let ya know if I should figure it out~
    Thanks!
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

As for Pro Health, I have been ordering my supplements from them for over two years now, and I have not had any type of mail from anyone that could have been related to their mailing list.

Like Mikie said, it would be counterproductive to them!

In fact, I have not got any mail from the websites I visit either. I would know, as I don't use my real name on other sites that I visit. Plus I never give out my address or phone number on the net, ever.

I do know that most mail order companys, this would include clothing, vitamins, etc. do sell peoples addresses to other companies. Also if you fill out those cards when you buy something that has a warrenty on it, they sell your name and address. I never fill them out! Also those Sweepstakes.

YOu need to check who you have given your address too, even innocently.

I can assure you, its not Pro Health.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I have never received any unsolicited mail via postal service or email from this site giving out information, perhaps the MLM people can get the info from this site????

I doubt it, but let us know please.

Jaci
  7. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

is to take the postage paid return mailer, and send it back to them........blank. They get a reduced rate on their postage, but it all adds up. If everyone would do this, eventually maybe we wouldn't be inundated in junk mail. When I get a sales call on the phone, I just say "Just a moment please" and set the phone down. In 30 - 45 minutes I hang it up. We have gone from 2 - 3 calls a week to maybe 6 a year. A definite improvement.
    Kathryn
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

I love your way of dealing with the phone calls from sellers!!!LOL
    I WILL be using that one!Thanks everyone.....if I should find out how my address got out I"ll be sure to tune you's in.(but I kinda doubt it~)
    great day to all!
    Tracey