Question for Moderators

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MemoryLane, May 19, 2003.

1. MemoryLane

MemoryLane Member

Mikie or Shirl -

Are saying it's OK to post Government URL's? I contribute a lot of information from the SSA, NIH, FDA and the DOL. I would like to be able to post the addresses, so folks can go for more information.

Thank you,
    Lane
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I did let the Gov URL stay in the one post and I believe that public-access govt. URL's would probably be OK. The problem we have is that people will see that and start posting all kinds of URL's and then Shirl and I will be going crazy checking them all out.

Let me contact the Webmaster and see if we can get a ruling on this. It may take a few days as he really is a busy person.

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Our webmaster has the same concern that I do; that if we open the door to some URL's, people will assume that any URL is OK and Shirl and I would simply not be able to keep up with it.

I suggest that we either cut and paste articles here or give the name of the website (or enought info about it) so that people can go there and find what they need. It usually isn't difficult to find things using web searches.

Love, Mikie