Question for Patpalmer or anyone on OLE

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tandy, Jun 5, 2003.

1. tandy

tandy New Member

Hi there!! Just a quick question~ I went to a GNC to look into getting the OLE.I have IBS,FM,endometriosis.
    Do you recommend the tincture??or the pill form??and can you suggest a dose to start me out at?? Thanks so much!!
    Warm Regards,
    Tracey
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

It depends on how many pathogens that are in your body, that need to be disposed of..I started at too high a dose, 500mg and had to go back to a l50mg capsule..So, I think it is best to find either l50-200mg capsules, and gradually build up to higher doses...If you don't know how it will effect you, I think this is the better choice...

Most importantly, you must drink plenty of water to help rid your body of the toxins..I will bump up to first page, Discussion of Improvement on Olive Leaf Extract, which gives you a lot more details about my experience and others with OLE...

Hope all goes well,
    Plantscaper
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2003]
  3. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Plantscaper`s said it all there.

If you read through the posts on her topic it`ll give you a good insite. I have only been able to purchase in capsule form, so can`t comment if one is any better than the other, should all do the same job I guess...

By the way, I enjoyed reading your bio, & what a beautiful picture too, so lovely.

Love Pat.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2003]
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

i'll read that large post on OLE.I should have thought there would be alot of info there?another fibrofog moment!
    And Thanks Pat for the great compliment!! I'll take both your words for it and go slow at first~
    Hope this is what i'm looking for!!even SOME relief would be welcome! I'm gonna try to get back out tomorrow and buy some.
    Have a good night ladies!
    ((Hugs)),
    Tracey
  5. skychomper

skychomper Member

I have to say the OLE is working really well.
    I had to experiment with what I took.
    I tried solaray first, and it had lemon balm in it-I noticed improvements, but it was making me really tired. then I found out that the lemon balm is a relaxant and supposed to be a cure for insomnia. so I take natures plus now. with just 6% oleuropein @ 250 mgs. and nothing else in it besides the olive leaf extract. I've only tried the pill..hope this helps
    skychomper
  6. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

It is best to buy OLE, without added ingredients..My first bottle had some, to which I must have been allergic..I had a wierd reaction with extreme brain inflammation, that lasted for about 4-5 days.. The next bottle was not like it at all, with only OLE..

But, expect some herxing symptoms, flulike...headache, especially..if you are prone to them..usually lasts about a week or two..

I, also, have given Godslove a lot of info..if you want to look my posts to her up...

HOpe you feel better, soon..
    Plantscaper
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm getting out later today(I hope)not feeling good at all~ I'll aim to get OLE with no extras. This supplement is interesting to say the least.......I hope to get started asap.Take care,
    Tracey
  8. debbiem31

debbiem31 New Member

Hi! I took OLE with no extras added, 150 mg, 18% oleuprin starting out. I started with one a day for a week, then went to two a day. I did that so that I wouldn't herx really bad. I did have a few days with headaches, but they went away after the first week. Biochem was the brand.

Since my supply ran out, I went back to my nutrition center. I found a brand that combines OLE with ARA-larix. 250 mg and the % of ole is 20-25%!!! In many opinions, any percentage under 12% is wasting money. Well, I didn't quite know what this ARA-larix was, but the nutritionist said it was another antimicrobial from the larch tree. What the heck, I think, and buy it. You only have to take one a day, so there were 30 pills instead of 60. Same price, though.

I came home and looked up ARA-larix on the net. Not only is it helpful in the immune system, but it's number one benefit is the fact that it's a natural dietary fiber!! I have already seen the benefits of that and I've only been taking it for a week!! If this keeps up, this will be the only type of OLE/combo I will take.

Good luck!!