***Question for people who do Cherry Juice..***

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SherylD, Feb 8, 2006.

1. SherylD

SherylD Guest

I drink the Brownwood Acre Cherry Juice..

My question is..Do you get the same results taking the pills?? I was thinking of switching from the juice to the pills..Or just some days when I don't feel like drinking the juice could I just take a pill??

Thanks
    SherylD
  2. kch64

kch64 New Member

I just bought some bottled black cherry juice yesterday and started it.

I Love the taste of it and under the "type O" diet I'm working on, cherry juice is on the "highly beneficial" list.

Yummy (smile)

Kendra

Yes, some people take the pills. I've read it on here somewhere, but can't remember where.

3. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

I believe the brand is Brownwood Acres, can't remember. But it's black cherry juice concentrate.

I thought I was buying the regular juice, not the concentrate. I've tried mixing it a few times but can't get the measurements right to suit me. The instructions on the label aren't right for me, yuck, and I'm not a huge fan of the taste anyway!

Has anyone here ever mixed the concentrate with something besides water, like Sprite or something? I haven't tried anything yet but I think I will. I hate to waste the bottle I have.

Any suggestions? :)

Thanks,
    Kat
  4. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

Sheryld,

I've heard of others taking the pills and swearing by them. It would be more convenient sometimes,and has the added bonus of much less sugar intake since the pills would be a concentrate of what they feel the active painkilling ingredients are.

But an extract may also be a downside for the efficacy of the pills vs. the real juice or whole cherries. Manufacturers concentrate what they "think" is the active ingredients, this doesn't always completely work, they may be less effective w/out all the syngergists that might be contributing to the full medicinal value of the cherries. This was the case w/ a botched attempt to turn St. John's Wort into a medicine vs. the medicinal herb that it needs to be. They extracted the hypericin, thinking this was the actual medicine of the plant, but it turned out it didn't work alone. Well, not to murk the issue, the pills must work or people wouldn't keep taking them.

I can't use cherries regularly as medicinals, but I have eaten whole cherries for relief of days of constant gout pain in my big toe. You wouldn't believe how darn painful just a big toe can be, no socks, no shoes, can't rest the foot in any position, no blankets on it (and I get cold feet easy). Narcotics didn't work for that type of pain at all, so I got desperate and despite my sensitivity to fructose, I ate about 10 cherries at a time and lo, it worked like a charm. Gave me a yeast infection, of course, but was worth it. For whatever reason, I used them a few times, and have rarely had gout since I did.

Jeanne
  5. SherylD

SherylD Guest

kch64..Very interresting. I think I am a O type. I do benefit a great deal from it...

I like the taste of the juice..But I was just thinking of the days when I just don't have time to drink it.

Thanks alot!!