question for people with chronic myofascial

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by charlenef, Aug 29, 2006.

1. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i wanted to know if you had pain when you were a kid and if you had a lot of injuries from over use of your muscles? everytime i used my muscles too much with repetition i ended up injured permanently. i have been saying i have a bad back for as long as i can remember. any input would be great thank you charlene
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2006]
  2. charlenef

charlenef New Member

trigger point therapy with a tennisball and stretch but my problem is old injuries that when i hurt them it takes months to go back to my regular hurting.then i cant use the tennis ball in those areas other wise i have more pain. thanks for your input. charlene
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i can remember being a kid and when i would lay down at night how my legs would throb. my mother always told me that it was growing pain.then when i was a teen the migraines started. do you have old injuries that never healed? this is why i cant sit the pain all through my back .it started with sciatica then across my bra strap area now it goes right up my whole spine. the left is worse than the right.im just very frustrated with it all. thank you charlene
  4. charlenef

charlenef New Member

that i am talking about are from repetition motion with your muscles. like up and down the ladder caused sciatica for me, not like a break of a bone.thanks charlene
  5. charlenef

charlenef New Member

has cmp for sure even though she was never dx with it. she also had a tumor removed from inside her spine so she is always in pain but i dont know if she also has fms.i am worse off than her. i was not a book worm at all but a work horse.i would paint the house outside as well as in ,move couches, chairs i was always cleaning and working out. one of my worst injuries was from leaning forward and doing dishes for four hour for a party.that ended bowling working out washing my floor on my hands and knees but i stiil continued on.now i cant do anything this i very hard for me. thanks for you input charlene
    [This Message was Edited on 08/31/2006]
  6. charlenef

charlenef New Member

thank you for your responses hayley. charlene
  7. charlenef

charlenef New Member

8. charlenef

charlenef New Member

my neck and upper back are really bad too. my daughter who is 9 complains when she first goes back to school about her neck shoulders and headaches i just pray i didnt pass this on to her. thanks for your input charlene
  9. Loveyame

Loveyame New Member

When I was little I was very sensitive to the sun. If I was out in it and got hot I would have a severe bloody nose. I also remember being tired all the time. Mom kept me busy with books, crafts and tv. In high school I started having problems with falling down. This happened alot after jim class. My muscles would be shaking and burning in my legs during class and then the rest of the day would feel very tight and painful. Of course the doctor could not explain it too me. My family thought I was just wanting out of pe. I worry that my kids have the same problem. When my son was in JR high his knee would lock up-doctor said it was growing pains. My daughter is having the headaches from @#$%, drops things, and is now starting to fall for no reason, the doctors are not wanting to check her for fm because she is so young. I told her that she will have to learn to fight her own battles with the doctors because i dont have the strength to fight my battles let alone hers. Hope this answered some of your questions
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

According to my physical therapist, myofascial constriction is cumulative over a lifetime. I grew up on a farm and rode horses. She wanted to know how many time I had fallen from a horse or a tree or similar things throughout my life.

I told her I had no idea. When you are a kid, those things are just part of life. Unless you break a bone (which I never did) you don’t think anything about it.
  11. charlenef

charlenef New Member

i just posted another post about amenia and cmp if you want to check it out. charlene
  12. AnjieCFSFM

AnjieCFSFM New Member

I had 'growing pains' when I was younger and my daughter has them,also...guessing she has FM and will get CFS. I was always a hard worker when on got on my own at 17. Didn't stop working hard till I just couldn't take it anymore and went on disability a year ago. I,now,believe the 'growing pains' were FM and that working hard and ignoring 'stress' may have set off the CFS. My sister and second cousin have CFS and FM. My second cousin has Lupus,as well. Not sure if they had 'growing pains.'I'm positive these diseases are hereditary;even think they might 'skip' generations. If these diseases are new over the past few generations,then I believe there is something in our food,water or air that effects certain people and may be passed down to only those who are susceptible(ie. gene manipulation;prescribed drugs;pesticides;household cleaners...) Only my opinions;not facts.~*Anjie*~ :)