Question for people with IBS?? Does anyone else have this problem

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fificat, Oct 6, 2005.

1. fificat

fificat New Member

I know this this is not a pretty subject but I just rescently... about 6 months ago or so strated having symptoms of IBS w/ diahrea (sp). But its just in the past 3 weeks or so got really bad... Well my question is with the IBS do you have pain when you press down on your stomach? I mean it is painful even in the blatter area. I dont know I just was starting to feel so well again... I didnt have to take any pain meds or anything and now its this... I'm going to the doc on the 24th but I needed to know if I should move the appt. up??

Sharlie
  2. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

The best thing that I have found for it is relaxing.It's hard to do through the pain,but it will allow your bowels to pass their stuff and you will feel a lot better.
  3. BlueIndigo

BlueIndigo New Member

I have IBS & IC (Interstitial Cystitis--bladder pain). I take nothing for them. Have had them for years. I just accept it as part of the many types of pain & hardship I have with CFIDS/FM. I never met a doctor who really cared to do anything about them--or any of my other pain.

4. kalaya

kalaya New Member

I have had IBS ever since I contracted the cfids and my symptoms are extreme bloating of my stomach due to gas,and also horribly smelly 10 second long burps.Also the following day I will usually feel depressed so it must deplete my seritonin levels or something of that nature.I have to over eat to get the IBS,or eat early in the day,sometime before noon.I do not get pain though when I press down on my stomach.Many many cfiders have IBS unfortunately.God bless.
  5. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I've had so much pain with IBS-D and had soooooo many tests that they never found anything wrong.

You definately need to check it out though since it could always be something different with you.

Hang in there, stay calm, take anti-spasmatics and Imodian AD.
  6. spmary

spmary New Member

I have ibs too. not much pain but bloating an so much gas in the upper part of my stomach. i seems to get so full that i usually end up vomiting. And it sounds like a major explosion. Nothing else comes up. I have found when it starts if I take a chewable gas-X tablet All gas goes away. Don't know how, but this has done away with the nausea and vomiting . My IBS is of the otherkind___constipation. Doesn't
    seem to bother me though. Good luck, Mary
  7. DLsGroovyMoM

DLsGroovyMoM New Member

I had probs with my bowel all my life...in nursing school my friends would say "i'm so stessed I haven't had a bm in 3 days"...I'm like 3 days...it's been 8 or 9 for me...was just my norm or so I thought. Then about 4 years ago I started having pain in my stomach so bad that my hubby would find me passed out in the bathroom...would just fall off the toliet into the floor. 8docs, 2 surgerys and colonospopy later they said IBS...oh yeah and for that I was on 10 Loratab 10s a day (now with FM I can't get crap but...)

My point is ...yes...painful!!! not so much when I press

the heating pad is a good idea i use it myslef with and attach but I put it on my stomach instead of my back

I would say move your appt up if you can...but it did me no good...nowadays I am not on anything for it I just have learned more about how it works in my body and deal with it better...sorta

Good luck!
    Amy
  8. Grandma6

Grandma6 New Member

I have suffered from IBS for a long time. The cramping and pain is unbareable. Like some others have said, I have passed out while sitting on the pot and have vomitted either from the pain or stress from it all. However, mine would be constipation one minuete and diareah the next. I don't think my doctor could ever say if mine is caused from all the meds for my FMS or the FMS itself. Everything I have read on FMS says that it is very common to get IBS if you have FMS.

I have been on LEVBID for years and didn't have any signs of my IBS as long as I stayed on the medicine but I also take stool softeners. BUT now I am going through some real colon problems and am scheduled for a colonoscopy next Thursday. There is a lot of detail behind that story but since your main concern right now is the IBS I won't go into it.

I also suggest that you move your appointment up and get to a doctor as soon as you can.

Good Luck,
    Grandma^
  9. tandy

tandy New Member

yes~ I have IBS D and yes,..its painful to press in my belly~ also,..just leaning my stomach against the sink to do dishes hurts!!
    sometimes my cat loves to lay on my stomach,..and I have to make him get off me!! It hurts too much.
    Its lower belly towards my bladder and middle belly around my belly button.(and all in between!)
    very sore and tender.
    Sometimes I have 6 bowel movements in 2 hrs!!
    Then all the sudden it'll ease up for me,..
    only to return in a few days~

I honestly think IBS is downplayed by the medical field,as the lesser of 2 evils.(and it is really) But some of us have an extremely hard time with it!
    Hope this helps~
    Tandy :)