Question for Place ?????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. Empower

    Empower New Member

    What did you do to rid your diet of mold???
  2. JLH

    JLH New Member

    Bumping for you!
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

    Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

    avoid condomints w/ vinegar (its distilled), cut out mushrooms, wash fruit and veggie skins very well and cut out any overripe parts (I'm very sensitive to overripe in produce). Watch out for prepared juices, and esp veggie juices, they can have bad produce and a normal person would never notice the taste because its diluted, but I'll have a reaction. I pretty much avoid V-8 for that reason.

    The biggest thing is watch out for leftovers. Get your leftovers in the fridge or freezer asap, and don't eat leftovers past a day if you are super sensitive. I can go 2 days, and occasional push it to three now, but only for certain things that don't turn as easy. Rice and pasta turn very quick, spicey sauces not so quick.

    What you breathe impacts how sensitive to foods you'll be too. It's all part of total allergy load, the body can only take so much and it crashes. Get a dehumidifier, mine is saving my life lately and fills the gap when its not hot enough for airconditioning. Also, use air cleaners, they bring your total load down at those tough times of year when mould counts are high, like now, and reduce pollens, dust, other allergens too.

  4. place

    place New Member

    Well, it is not easy but as I have said in previous posts the pay offs are enough to keep you going.

    My diet is very similar to everyone else’s on this board but I focus on eliminating molds, corn and soy.

    Anything fermented is out. That means anything with vinegar, yeast, cheese, alcohols Yogurt (I miss my condiments the most!)

    Also some fruit have mold in them such as apples and cantaloupes (two of my favorite). If I ever want to sleep, I eat an apple (sounds very fairytale- ish). I am dead tired after having apples.

    Sometimes grains get mold in them if they are left to long. I can’t eat too much processed food.

    At first when I was really bad I used the book called “Allergy Self-Help Cookbook” by Marjorie Jones. I have a ton of recipes for food allergies.

    After 2-3 years of avoidance, allergy shots, allergy meds and environmental controls for mold, I am nearly 95% better. Occasionally, like today, I have a little pressure, but nothing I can’t take care of.

    I also only drink bottled water. If I have even filtered tap water, I start to feel bad. I don’t know if its mold or just that I am allergic to something in the water.

    Right now I am just eating a bit more whole foods. I eat a ton of fruit and vegetables.
  5. place

    place New Member

    I also incorperate what Jeane does. Little things add up to make a big distance.

[ advertisement ]