Question for prickles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by blondie45, Jun 27, 2006.

1. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

Did you have another Bowen technique therapy? Are you still feeling well from it?
  2. blondie45

blondie45 New Member

I have my appointment next week. When I talked to the therapist she said I would probably be sore for the first 24 hours or so. Actually the lady I will be going to uses the Kolden technique, which she says is a little different than Bowen, although when I mentioned Bowen I think she said it was somewhat similar, as she is listed in the Bowen directory. She said she also uses craniosacral massage or stimulation also. At this point, I am thinking what have I got to lose as I feel I can only get better but who knows.
  3. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I did a search on Bowen Technique and have been reviewing the posts. I noticed that prickles seems to be the only one having success with it. I also noticed that she is the only one who mentioned having Trigger Point Therapy.

I am wondering if, when it come to Trigger Point and Bowen, both/and isn’t better than either/or. I have had trigger points and know that they can render other types of body work ineffectual. Maybe trigger points need to be release before Bowen Technique can be effective.

I find it particularly interesting that prickles is now going back for more Trigger Point Therapy. Trigger Point Therapy and Bowen Technique seem to address different problems. It makes sense to me that if you have both problems, you will need to correct them both before you feel good. I am eager to hear the results.

The therapist that did my Trigger Point Release also did Cranial-Sacral Therapy. They seemed to work well together. I encourage blondie45 to give it a try. It is a gentle therapy.