Question for Rich V - Methylguard.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Manwithfibro, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

Can you take Methylguard in place of the protocol for methylation?

LLMD wants me to take it.

Thanks for help. TIM
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, Man.

Methylguard is probably a good treatment for people who have elevated homocysteine, but do not have ME/CFS. It does have good forms of folate and B12 in it. It should also have some B2, though, because P5P is deactivated by removal of a phosphate group in the gut before absorption, and it is necessary to have B2 to put the phosphate back on in the cells to re-form P5P.

In ME/CFS, there is a functional B12 deficiency, and in order to overcome it, it is necessary to get more B12 into the blood than can be achieved by taking it in an oral supplement.

You could try taking Methylguard together with some B2 and a Perque B12 Guard sublingual lozenge. This would produce usable P5P in the cells and would also deliver more B12 into the blood. The other nutrients in Methylguard should get in O.K. from the oral supplement.

I recommend that you discuss this with your physician.

Best regards,

3. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

It is obvious I have a detox pathway problem. I am in a ton of pain. Something is obviously wrong. Doctor believes lyme is the culprit. Perhaps that plus the detox pathway problem. So hard to know where to turn or what to do. Take care. Can you think of anything that may help getting off painkillers as they really don't work well yet withdrawal is bad.

Take care TIM