Question for Rich V /others for input

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herbqueen, May 2, 2010.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

Hi rich- my doctor did the MTHFR DNA Mutation analysis test- it was positive for 2 copies of the A1298C mutation-- my doctor says I have genetic enzyme problem regarding methylation/activation of B12 and therefore should supplement B12 or do the methy b12 shots--

I also have issues with phase I/II liver detoxification

I'm not in the typical cfs/fms category but fms has now went onto progress to neuro degen disease -MS type -but docs say no MS since no lesions- I have had horrific explosions/progresssion of symptoms due to first herbs for lyme and now just a few weeks of some toxic drugs (flagyl/diflucan ) and few herbs. The illness was progressing on its own but these accelerated-- my doctor says I need to go to LLMD and seek aggressive lyme treatment which terrifies me given my bodies reactions to things-i'm told this is herxing but seems more like AI reaction given it goes on for months afterstopping drugs/herbs (currently this cycle is on month 5 an dhave not recovered and still declining).

My IGG is positive for lyme, mycoplasma, cpn, HHV6, cmv and EBV shows active. Not sure if the typical population also shows positive IGG 's for these infections?
  2. richvank

richvank New Member

Hi, herbqueen.

I'm sorry about what you are going through. Your case sounds pretty complex, and it sounds as though you have some tough decisions to make.

In order for me to be able to comment on your case with some degree of understanding of it and to give suggestions about individual treatment, I would need to know a lot more about your case and to spend some time studying it, and there would need to be a licensed physician on board to review my suggestions, since I am a researcher, not a physician.

If you would like to pursue that approach, please email me at richvank at aol dot com and I will send you information about it.

You may also find my papers and articles helpful. They are available at www dot cfsresearch dot org by clicking on cfs/m.e. and then on my name.

Best regards,