Question for Shirl -

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dara, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Dara

Dara New Member

I saw where you said you had e-mailed a post to yourself. Can you tell me how you did this? There has been information on here that I wanted to e-mail to someone but I don't know how. Thanks.

Dara
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If one has more than one e-mail account, one could send an e-mail from one to the other. I don't know if it works if you only have one.

Do you know how to copy and paste? If you have an Edit feature in the upper left-hand bar on the screen, you can highlight the text in a post which you want to copy, click on Edit and click on Copy. You then click in the area for the body of the e-mail, click on Edit, and click on Paste. You can also open a new document in your word processing program and keep the info as a doc.

If you do not have the Edit feature at the top of the page, you can use the right mouse button and it does the same thing.

Love, Mikie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Mikie is much more computer savvy than I am, but this is my very simple way of doing this;

Highlight The post you want to email to yourself by holding down the left side of the mouse, then press the right side of the mouse. The little box comes up that give you a choice. Click on the 'copy'.

Then click on 'write' on your toolbar, then press the 'right' side of the mouse, then press 'paste' and it will come up in the 'write' page. Then just address it to your email, and hit 'send'.

I only have one eaddress, it works fine.

When I get the post in my email then I will print it out. The print is usually smaller and takes less ink and paper :)

Hope this helps..................

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 06/23/2003]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I don't have a "Write" in my toolbar. I think different ISP's and different browsers have different features and icons. I do have an e-mail icon, but I've never tried using it to send an e-mail to myself. Will have to try it.

BTW, I'm about as technically challenged as one can get.

Love, Mikie
  5. Dara

Dara New Member

I did it, and it actually worked for me !!!! I highlighted what I wanted to send to myself, then clicked on the "write" at the top, sent it to myself, What's that old song?? "I'm gonna sit right down and write myself a letter"?? thanks to both of you, you're great.

Dara
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

This is what my husband had to say about ALL of us; 'WE ARE SICK, VERY SICK'(in the head)!

Loved the song, thats an old one, just don't write yourself a 'dear jane' one!

Glad you got it, its sure easier than all that printing, remembering, ect!

Shalom, Shirl
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

I can now copy what I want from the board. My brain and the computer are definitely incompatible. Tried lots of things unsuccessfully , but this works a treat. Never thought of doing it this way.

Next task is to try it mikie's way.

Cheers

Tansy