Question for Shirl

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suekoo, Aug 14, 2003.

1. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

Hi Shirl. I read somewhere in a post that you said in Devin Starlanyl's book she recommends an Advil gel cap and Xanax 0.25 for fibro pain. My question is, does it have to be a gel cap? Do they differ from other Advil? Thanks for any info you can give me :)
  2. elaine_p

elaine_p New Member

I'm not Shirl, but at least this will bump up your post. You can look on the boxes at the store and compare the ingredients in the gels versus the ingredients in the regular caplet/tablet.... (Shirl might know off the top of her head.)
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

So sorry it took so long to get to you! I have having trouble with the board. It took me five minutes to just open your post. Been trying all evening, and it finally opened. Probably due to the black out in the northern states.

I believe the reasoning behind the Advil gel capsules instead of a pill form is that the liquid in the gel capsule work quickly.

I actually feel relief in about 20 minutes, where with a pill it takes as long as 45 minutes.

Plus the gel caps are not as hard on the stomach as the pills are (they are advertised as being gentle on the stomach).

Hope this helps, and I hope I can post this too!!!!

Shalom, Shirl

4. Suekoo

Suekoo New Member

Thanks very much!! :)