Question for the women

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lesiabug, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Lesiabug

Lesiabug New Member

Have any of you had CFS start up because of having a Hysterectomy (sp)? I seem to have started down this road only a few months after having mine in 2003. Everything has changed. Achy joints, pressure points and always SO tired, it keeps me from living a full life. I worked part time, about 35, only 3 days a week and it just about killed me off! Now I have just moved from Missouri to Texas so am between jobs, if I ever do go back to work. Just wondering about the surgery aspect because I seem to remember reading something about that being one of the stresses that may bring CFS on. At 46 years old I feel like an old woman and wonder where my life is with these symptoms. I like many of you have not been formally diagnosed. The Doctors run from this and would rather think I am crazy. So, I am on no meds right now other than Aleve. Thank you in advance for and responses. You all are a wealth of information! Have a good day! Lesia
  2. keke466

keke466 New Member

Hi,don't have CFS but quite a few do and can tell you more so bumping for ya. I've heard though that surgeries can trigger CFS and FM.

Keke
  3. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

You know, I had a hysterectomy and the first night after my surgery I woke up drenched with sweat. The next morning, I woke up and felt very stiff in my joints. I complained to everyone that I felt like an old woman. I was 32 at the time.

I always attributed the stiffness to lack of estrogen, but maybe that was the beginning of FM or CFS for me. I know that I have not felt the same since. A lot of women have told me they would do it again and I said I wouldn't because I felt worse after the surgery.

To be honest though, I believe it could have been the beginning of FM. I am not sure about the CFS. I think my CFS began after I had pneumonia.

The first thing I was diagnosed with was hypo-thyroid 16 years after my surgery. Then came FM/CFS and finally Lupus. I do think that I had all of these illnesses many years before they were diagnosed.

I do believe though that surgery can cause FM, but I don't know for sure about CFS, simply because I don't know enough about it. I am sure you will find your answers on this board.

Hugs,

Jodi
  4. Becka1

Becka1 New Member

D ear Lesia please find a good Pain Clinic You are going to need one Just to make it. Good luck God Bless Y ou.
  5. Lesiabug

Lesiabug New Member

I believe I have FM too. In fact that is what my symptoms mirror, not the CFS as much. The doctor I saw made me feel like a druggie just wanting RX's. Needless to say I have not been back to him. That whole experience really scared me and I am turned off the entire medical profession. Like I said all I take is Aleve for pain now. Also, I am in a new area here is Texas and have no doctor. Thank you all for caring enough to post me back! Lesia

[ advertisement ]