Question for those doing good on gaui

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kar1953, Jun 3, 2003.

1. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I am wondering if cool, damp rainy days affect you adversely? Or do you feel good all the time when taking the gaui? I don't do gaui, but am wondering if those of you who do are affected by the barametric pressure?

I'm curious because I have been feeling really crappy (achy) lately & I think it's due to the weather. It has been cool & rainy just about every other day for the past few weeks!!

I had been feeling great after starting the hi calcuim protocal & still do on nice sunny days. I still have the energy I had since starting the Body Balance, but am finding it hard to get motivated to do much due to the aches.

Thanks for answering.

Take care.......Kathi
  2. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

3. Dayle

Dayle New Member

BUT THE PAST 2 WEEKS HAVE BEEN HARD I HAVE BEEN ON GUAI SINCE DEC 20,2003. IT IS WONDERFUL TO BE ABLE TO GET THINGS DONE. IT IS WONDERFUL TO JUST BE ABLE TO STRETCH. I WAS ON EFFEXOR & HAVE BEEN OFF IT NOW FOR ABOUT A WEEK I THINK THAT MAY BE WHY I AM FEELING MORE MISERABLE.
    KATHI,, IF YOU ARE CONSIDERING GUAI,,,,KNOW THAT IT HAS HELPED 1000S & IT IS HELPING ME. OH, YES! THE WEATHER CHANGES ALWAYS MAKE ME ACHE MORE ALWAYS HAVE.
    BLESSINGS,,,DAY
    [This Message was Edited on 06/04/2003]
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been on the Guai for two years and it has been a God send for me. I'm very close to being reversed. I don't know about the others on the Guai, but I am still subject to environmental changes despite being pretty pain free most of the time. If I fly, visit someplace with a higher altitude, drive for a long period, experience drastic barometric pressure changes, etc., I will often get pain. It can be quite severe. When that happens, I usually take something for pain and it is gone.

What the Guai does is limit the time that these adverse conditions affect me. I no longer go into long painful flares. It's strange though; even though my tender points are mostly no longer tender, if I get sick or go into a CFIDS flare for very long, the spots will start to get tender again.

I think it's like where I had viral meningitis; if I get sick, my neck will hurt and feel stiff. It's been 30 years since I had the meningitis. I think even when we have been reversed for a long time, our tender spots will always be vulnerable. If the tenderness is returning, it is a sign that all is not well.

The recent Red Tide neurotoxin here had my tender points feeling sore again. The potential is always there. On the other hand, when things remain fairly static, I have relatively pain-free days. I do have a very high pain tolerance, so I usually am not aware of low-level pain.

Love, Mikie
  5. TNhayley

TNhayley New Member

Rainy days still make me achey sore fatigued. However, if I forget to take my guai, I feel like it's a rainy day even if it's sunny and clear. The rainy day thing, in part, is why I think guai is part of the equation and not the *only* answer, contrary to some belief. But I must say that overall it helps me tremendously! Hugs,
    Hayley
  6. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I have mostly pain free days - unless I really overdo - on the high calcium protocol. I was hoping it was "normal" for the aches & low level pain on rainy days. Yesterday I did give in & took pain med in the late afternoon & the aches went away & didn't come back.

I really would rather do the calcuim since the gaui just doesn't seem to fit my outdoor lifestyle with the plant interaction thing & all.

So, you have convinced me that I'm normal - that's strange, I've never been normal before! :) I think when & if the rain stops I'll feel just as good as before.

Thanks again & take care.......Kathi