Question for those of you who see a ND...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JewelRA, Sep 4, 2006.

1. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I was wondering if you could tell me if your insurance covers this kind of treatment, and if not, what kind of expense I would expect from seeing one.

My mother has been seeing a doctor who I guess would qualify as a ND. Not sure if he actually calls himself that. But he treats with supplements, vitamins, herbs, diet, etc., even though I think he has an M.D. Unfortunatley, she has not had much success with him, and has spent hundreds if not thousands since her insurance does not cover it.

I was just kind of wanting to get an idea, to see if it's even worth my pursuing...
  2. analyzingyoursoil

analyzingyoursoil New Member

This book has helped me and my family tremedously with both my cfs and my mom's cancer.
  3. ll1816

ll1816 Member

My neuro has a naturopath that works in his office, so because I see the neuro, my insurance will cover my visits with the naturopath. I guess it gets billed under my doctor's name, but not sure.

I haven't seen the naturopath yet, but have an appt. w/him in a week.

Maybe you could find a doctor who has several different kinds of practicing doctors within his practice.

Mine has an accupuncturist, two psychologists, a massage therapist, in addition to the naturopath. My insurance would only cover the visits to the doctors, either the neuro and/or the naturopath.

Good luck and I hope this helps some.

Hugs,
    Liz