Question for those that had ALJ hearing

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sdmay3, Mar 21, 2006.

1. sdmay3

sdmay3 New Member

I had my ALJ hearing yesterday. The judge questioned me about my pain and then my representative asked asked me several questions. The rep was focusing on mental health stuff, like how I believe that something else is wrong with me and I don't agree with the doctors and I have been treated for depression on and off since I was a kid. The judge then asked me if I have ever had any tramatic events in my life. I immdiately started crying just thinking about the very personal things that had happened to me as a teenager.I never expected it to come up. I sat there crying for a few minutes and then the judge said he didn't want details just wanted to know waht happened. I tild him then he askd me if the people were prosecuted and if I had ever recieved counseling for it. I told him no to the the counseling and yes to the prosecution.

He then went to the Vocational Expert. He asked her about my prior jobs. Then he said the hearing was ajourned.

He never asked her what jobs I could do. I am wondering if that is a good sign that it might come out in my favor.My rep said he was fairly positive that i won.

What do you think?

Dawn

2. deb06

deb06 New Member

I think it is good!! That is how my 2nd hearing- my WIN- went down.

He asked me about how rough my life is and skipped everything else that they 1st judge asked about. Then went right to the OT. Prior to that he said to my lawyer "I am skipping this stuff and you probably know where this is going, right?" I had NO idea what was happening. After he asked the Occupational therapist what I could do and the therapist said nothing. The Judge told me right then and there that I had won- One of the best moments of my life.

My first case was a "knock down drag out" fight. it went on forever- exact opposite of the second.

Yours sounds just like my win and my bet is that you will get the same decision I did. It was very RARE that the Judge told me right then that I won. He knew I had been fighting for 4 years and probably thought I couldn't handle it anymore...

Good luck and let us know!! Deb
  3. sdmay3

sdmay3 New Member

I've been fighting this for close to 4 years too. I keep going back over the hearing in my mind wondering if I answered questions right or thinking of things I should have said. This wait is going to drive me insane. If I am denied again I don't know what I will do.
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Dawn:
    My guess is that you will win.
    Just a guess, but I also one on one visit to the ALJ.

N.F.
  5. labrat

labrat New Member

I think you probably won your case.

At my hearing, the vocational expert didn't testify at all, due to the fact that the evidence by the SS psychologist already qualified me as disabled under the SS rules. I asked my lawyer why the vocational expert didn't testify and he said it was because I most likely won. I did get awarded benefits.

So you should be glad the voc expert wasn't asked what jobs you could do, because it probably means you'd already won your case. Don't worry!

Tracy
  6. sdmay3

sdmay3 New Member

but thought I should let you know here too. I WON!!!! I got my letter today. This has got to be the fastest approval ever!!! My hearing was just held on Tuesday!