Question for those that have had there HGH tested

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalaya, Nov 8, 2005.

1. kalaya

kalaya New Member

My doc is going to have my hgh levels tested but is uncertain which test to use to get the most accurate reading.With all the research I have done on hgh I should recall what test the docs recommended as the best most accurate test to do but must confess that it has slipped my memory for the present.
    This is where you come in.Which test did you do and how long did it take?I remember that the docs spoke of one that does take a bit of time[I think 3 to 4 hours] and that the testee may feel pretty crummy during the test.Can't recall if this was the insulin tolerance test or the glucose loading test?
    This is important to me.My hope is that I will test low enough that the doc will agree to hgh injectable treatments.I very much appreciate your responses.
  2. tilla

tilla New Member

You need to have a blood test called the IGF-1 done by Quest Labs. There is no pain and no lengthy repeat of test. Just plain blood test.

Tilla
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Mine was IGF-1 (somatomed-C) .... blood test and not difficult. I would maybe hold off on the second one. See what the result is on the IGF-1 first. If it returns boarderline, then you can have further testing.

I think it is more important to have someone who can interpret the tests well. The ref. ranges can be hugh and very from lab to lab ... can make it tough for a doctor sometimes to realize treatment is necessary and at what dose.

Ideal for us would be around 250ng/ml ... but the different ref ranges I have seen during research are almost laughable.

I've actually seen a ref range for testosterone - female starting at ZERO .... can you believe that?!

Good luck with this. My test showed I make about 1/4 the amount needed, (no big surprise)and have been giving myself injections every night for past 3 weeks. All part of the plan.

Take care,

Elsa
  4. tilla

tilla New Member

My IGF level was 60 when I first tested. It is now up to 230 after shots for two years.

Tilla