Question for those who contacted congressmen in regards to disability

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by msbsgblue, Mar 4, 2010.

1. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Those of you who contacted your congressmen in order to speed up your hearing procees, did you email or snail mail them.

I am in a situation where I need to be going home to MO in May and although I should have been put on the docket before the 1st of May they did not add me.

Once I go to MO I am not going to be able to afford to fly back out to WA to attend a hearing.

I need to try to get them to set mine up sooner.
  2. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

and then they sent me a release type of form I had to sign and mail back that allowed them to get involved in my case. I had been waiting a year when I contacted them and I had a hearing date within a couple of months after that so for me it was worth it but now I was still turned down by the judge at my hearing the first time, had to file a second claim and the second judge gave it to me without going to court.

[This Message was Edited on 03/04/2010]
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

If I were you, I'd pick up the phone and ask directly for help...
    phone calls get quicker action usually, even if you have to leave a message. Most of us hesitate to call, so they usually realize you're really desperate to do that. And if you don't get called back within 24 hours, I'd place another call. Of course, play it 'nice'...

Hope you get some action quick!

(Snail mail I think is usually better than email, tho these days most seem up to speed in replying. Did you give your street address as well?)

4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member