Question for those who take NADH

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jittle, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Jittle

Jittle Member

I just ordered NADH 12.5 for energy. I am currently taking a B-Complex vitamin and Ginseng. When I start the NADH ( it should arrive tomorrow) do I take that alone or do I continue the other two pills I am taking.

2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I would continue with your other pills. Read the directions on the NADH package - they often say to take it on an empty stomach so you will probably take it separately from the other pills.

I know NADH has helped a lot of people with energy. I tried it several years ago. It did boost my energy for about 10 days, and then it just stopped helping, so I finally stopped taking it. But we're all different and I hope it works for you!

3. spacee

spacee Member

We are all different and you take it on empty stomach away from other meds.

It seemed to help me wake up in the AM, so I kept it and a glass of water by my bed.
    I would take it groggily and then fall back on the pillow. Within 20 mins or so my eyes
    would pop open.

I don't know exactly how much energy I would say it gives. Not nearly as much as I
    wanted. I could travel on weekend trips a couple of times a year. Then I would take it
    at 3pm (one tab) and it and a cup of Starbucks would get me through the evening.

If I took it later than 3pm, it felt like I only got into an extremely light sleep.

I still take it (maybe 15 years or so) but it doesn't work as well now.

I need ritalin to wake me up. That is not recommended by Cheney. But the says it is used experimentally with CFS patients. I just take 1/2 of the lowest dose.

I find that even ritalin can't keep me awake if I really need to sleep.

4. Jittle

Jittle Member

Thanks spacee,

I look all over the net for FM info and for some reason never thought of the mayo clinic. Will do later.

I am going to try the supplement, don't know for how long however. Rhuemy order a sleep test and may add meds depending on results. It is good to here it does help. I would like a few normal hours a day to function and spend time with family without feeling like a zombie.

Best wishes
  5. Jittle

Jittle Member

Thanks for the infor Mary. I don't know if it came yet. I am at my parents house for a few days, and forgot (go figure) to ask my husband. I ususally take everything without food. I do have to read this ginseng bottle. I just started that last week: I beleive it said it can give you an upset stomach when you first start it: Have to see if food will help that.