Question for those who wear glasses

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Beadlady, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

When you get new glasses do you ever wonder if you really got the script you needed? I just got my new glasses today and most things feel right, but I'm not totally sure.

With the cataract surgeries I haven't worn bi-focals for a couple of month. So maybe I just need to chill and adjust to them again??

I have heard that some people with Fibro have several different pairs of glasses to wear depending how their eyes are doing on any given day.
  2. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

and keep wanting to go back to old ones, but find that I need the extra strength for closeup. I also ordered computer glasses for just the right distance from me to the monitor. I have 3 pairs of glasses that I switch off, plus the computer and an extra pair for just reading. I HATE wearing glasses!!!!!

I wear blended bifocals so I don't have the line. I tried with the line and OMG....I was so discumbuberated they had to return them and order the blended again.

Give yourself at least a week or two and see how you adjust.
  3. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

I just got new glasses that were just totally WRONG, so I took them back and guess what? I got my OLD prescription back AFTER a new exam! Nothing had really changed! I have bifocals as well, never could read with the silly things and take them off to use my cell phone. I also have contact lenses that I use with "readers" at times. They are a totally different prescription!

I am diabetic as well, and my optho said my vision would change on some days. Weird how this works!