Question for those with CFS in regards to Parainfluenza Virus-5

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fight4acure, Jun 5, 2006.

1. fight4acure

fight4acure Member

I wonder, does anyone else recall someone close to them being ill with CFS or something no doctors can figure out?

If this is a virus that might cause this CFS, then do you know of someone you were intimate with, or just close to, sharing the same drinking cup, or other ways of possibly sharing a virus? Did they become ill? Are their immune systems different? Are women more susceptible to Parainfluenza Virus-5 than men, in general?

Just something to ponder.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/05/2006]
  2. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

disease , I truly can not believe all of my problems are due to lyme.

In 1996 , my family went on a vacation. My husband
    ( ex) became violently ill , throwing up and having fever . My daughter became ill also. I had to drive the family home , as they were stricken. By the time we got home, I became awfully sick . Three weeks later I was worse , and had SCARY neuro symptoms that sent me to the ER. My daughter and husband remained profoundly fatigued for a year , then slowly recovered . I became disabled
    and often combined to bed .

I think something blew a fuse in my immune system. Previous to that I was the most active member of my family , and a literal fireball.

Most of us who get comprehensive tests find we have high titers for mulitiple infections . It truly may be that a certain type of infection literally scrambles or alters the immune sysytem's ability to do its job. That is my strong hunch and seems like the most LOGICAL explanation for all we have learned about this disease .

It would not surprise me if estrogen receptors make women more vulnerable , as they do in other diseases .