Question? Help me understand!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shawshane, Nov 28, 2002.

1. shawshane

shawshane New Member

Is there a relationship between CFS/FM and EBV/CMV? If so, Which one occurs first? If you have CFS do you automaticly have FM also? Big question? Is CFS the same, as Chronic EBV? One doc says I have CFS, IC doc say I have CEBV, I don't really know what I have. Started after a flu injection, that put me in ICU thought it was GBS,had numbness tingling in legs, fatigue, muscle spasms, ect. I have never recovered, no pre-existing condition. I don't know what has happen to me!!!!!!! Need to understand.
  2. shawshane

shawshane New Member

Is there a relationship between CFS/FM and EBV/CMV? If so, Which one occurs first? If you have CFS do you automaticly have FM also? Big question? Is CFS the same, as Chronic EBV? One doc says I have CFS, IC doc say I have CEBV, I don't really know what I have. Started after a flu injection, that put me in ICU thought it was GBS,had numbness tingling in legs, fatigue, muscle spasms, ect. I have never recovered, no pre-existing condition. I don't know what has happen to me!!!!!!! Need to understand.
  3. LindaR

LindaR New Member

I really don't know which comes first,but I am presently using a homeopathic remedy with EBV in it, called Virus Combination. I do feel better,but it's too soon to find out. Linda :)^D
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

I guess it would depend. I have cfids only. Some are said to have cfids if their primary complaint is fatigue & fm if their primary complaint is pain. Others use the cfids/fm interchangably believing they are one in the same. As far as EBV goes I think its somewhat the same situation. For awhile cfids/fm was thought to be caused by EBV because so many tested positive but now that is not the general consensus. I think its all one big mess if you ask me. I wish I could help you to understand - I've been dealing with this for 10 years & don't get it. I too was perfectly healthy. I hope you feel better soon & maybe somebody else will come along to explain things better than I can......Amy