question---is ankle and wrist pain to be expected

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by starstella, Apr 3, 2003.

1. starstella

starstella New Member

I've been having the shoulder and hip pain for awhile. Lately my trigger points have been flaring and I'm getting the generalized pains in arms, ribs, legs, etc and i'm waking up with ankle pain and starting to get some mild wrist area pain. I'm seeing my doc next week and will get doc's opinion, but i'm wondering if any of you get these symptoms and are they attributed to your fibro or shrugged off as arthritis. thanks
  2. LErdman

LErdman New Member

I also have pain in my ankles and wrists more so than other trigger points that bothered me in the past. That is one of the strange things about this disease - I had heel spur pain for about two years and that has disappeared. Not that I mind but it is ALWAYS replaced by another area of pain.

My Dr. has ruled out carpal tunnel and arthritis. I was wearing wrist supports to bed for a while because I had so much pain and in the mornings my wrists and hands were numb.
    The numb hands thing has also gone away.

So my pain was associated with fibro and not arthritis.
    Good luck to you.
  3. starstella

starstella New Member

for the responses to my question. you gave me some information to investigate
  4. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

Hello Starstella,
    Yes, I have wrist and arm pain and foot and ankle problems.I have carpel tunnel in both hands and tennis elbow(never played tennis in my life). I get all the electric shocks in both hands and now it is moving up to the shoulders. I have swelling of the ankles and when they get really swollen it increases the pain. I use accupuncture (Chinese) for foot and ankle pain and for me it is a lifesavor. Heat helps, like the rice or corn bags you can use in the micro. This is so symptomatic of the Fibro, but it would be best to rule out everything else first. Better safe than sorry.
    Soft Hugs,
    Sandy (Cass)