Question on Epsom Salt Bath...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LuvMeCritters, Sep 1, 2002.

1. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Does adding bubble bath (or actually what I bought was foaming Milk Bath) in the bath water with the Epsom Salt take anything away from the effects of the Epsoms? Thanks for any replies.

Regina :)
  2. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Does adding bubble bath (or actually what I bought was foaming Milk Bath) in the bath water with the Epsom Salt take anything away from the effects of the Epsoms? Thanks for any replies.

Regina :)
  3. Deana

Deana Guest

Hello,
    I have added other stuff in with epsom salts before and it was ok.

Peroxide works well.
    Deana
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I would not add anything to a epson salts and peroxide bath.

I doubt if it would hurt, but for the sake of the salts being magnesium, I would not want to cause anything to limit the effects of the salts being absorbed into the pores for the pain.

This is just my opinion! It may not have any adverse effect, but when I am in pain, I don't use any type of perfumed baths, sprays or even creams.

From what I understand some of these things have a negative effect on our bodies, so I stay away from them at the time I am in a Flare, just for safety's sake.

HOpe this helps.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. genevieve

genevieve New Member

6. genevieve

genevieve New Member

Hi,

Can you please tell me what epsom salt baths are for and what do you do, how much do you add etc. Can they make you feel worse to begin with?

With thanks and best wishes,

Genevieve
  7. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

Epsom Salt is Magnesium. You can buy it at your local grocery store in the drug isle. You add 2 cups to your bath water and soak in it. It is wonderfully soothing. I love them and just found them myself a week or so ago. They are recommended for the aches and pains associated with muscles. No, I didn't feel worse after the first one, and I've never heard of anyone that has. As the saying goes....try it...you'll like it... :)

Regina