Question on fibrofog

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lvjesus, Jul 11, 2011.

1. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

Is it possible to have fibrofog without knowing it? I have been finding mistakes that I have made at work but since starting Savella a few months ago my head feels clear, but it appears that it is not. Anyone do things that can be attributed to the fog without feeling foggy? I know that sounds confusing, but I am talking about doing things that you wouldn't do if your brain was clear.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is Fibro Fog and then, there are cognitive problems. If one is fogged, one has cognitive problems too. If one can lift the fog, the cognitive problems may improve but they can still be there. When I had Fibro Fog, it felt as though I were walking through pea soup fog. I was bedridden most of the time and only got up to get a bit to eat and go to the bathroom.

I got well enough to work part time but still found myself with some cognitive deficiencies.

I'm still not the mentally quick person I used to be but, at least, the fog is gone (knocking on wood here :)

Love, Mikie
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is Fibro Fog and then, there are cognitive problems. If one is fogged, one has cognitive problems too. If one can lift the fog, the cognitive problems may improve but they can still be there. When I had Fibro Fog, it felt as though I were walking through pea soup fog. I was bedridden most of the time and only got up to get a bit to eat and go to the bathroom.

I got well enough to work part time but still found myself with some cognitive deficiencies.

I'm still not the mentally quick person I used to be but, at least, the fog is gone (knocking on wood here :)

Love, Mikie