Question on Forgiveness

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by here2talk, May 20, 2008.

1. here2talk

here2talk New Member

I know that God is a forgiving God. I know He is not vengeful. I also know that He wants us to come to Him & turn to Him. My question is when we sin EVERY DAY, doesn't that eat Him alive? His children go out and everyday disobey His laws. How can He continiously forgive us & still accept us in His soul? How can He open His arms everyday and call us His Children?

I think that is almost harder to comprehend than the trinity. How many times have we been slapped in the face by friends & decided we couldn't be friends with them anymore? How many people have we been unable to forgive? I am self destructive, but I am seeing that I am hurting the one that I care for the most, God.

I am in awe of Him. Of what He has created, how forgiving He is & sacrificing. Thank You Lord, my Savior, my Father. I am so thankful for everyday that I have with You. I am ready to be Home with you, but I know that you still have work for me to do.

Create in me a clean heart Oh God.

Edit: Still Calls Me Son- John Waller http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcKUYNNotLs&feature=user

[This Message was Edited on 05/20/2008]
  2. dustymule

dustymule New Member

Well, my dear friend, we were all BORN imperfect, so, no matter who we are, even the GREATEST PREACHER THAT EVER WALKED THIS EARTH, we are all going to sin. But God is a very loving God who FORGIVES unconditionally! It is my understanding that He forgives EVERYTHING (except blasphemy). You just keep talking to Him. He hears you and He LOVES YOU!!!! YOU are very special in His eyes!!! He CREATED YOU! YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!! He just used your mom and dad to bring you into the world! I am glad you are here!!!! YOU WERE MADE IN HIS IMAGE!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! PLEASE HONEY, KEEP PRAYING TO HIM!!! HE HEARS YOU!!!!! And please, be kind to YOURSELF!!!! You are WONDERFUL!!!!!!! Sincerely, Barbara
  3. daylight

daylight New Member

God has give us the gift of forgiveness. Jesus truly showed us how to walk in that gift. I can tell you that forgiveness is easy for me but forgetting know that's the hard part. I have to
    be willing to forget the action done against me. Not foolishly be take in by the foolish actions of some. Just not allowing myself to live in a beaten down state. Pray for those who hurt you as Jesus has shown us. I truly believe that Jesus left all the pain on the cross. Horrible things are going to happen to us in this life but God knew they would. He proved a way for us to learn,grow in faith, mature,help others,through these hard times. Just your heart felt questions has touch my heart today.
    The question that comes to my mind is how can we not forgive when so much has been forgiven of us.
    Remember God doesn't see us in our sinful nature (as Christians)He just sees the apple of His Eye.
  4. poets

poets Member

All I can add is, Thank You Lord, for the cross. That makes it all possible.

Meg
  5. momof27

momof27 New Member

YOUR EVERY BEAUTIFUL THING GOD WANTS, SOMEONE WHO FEELS WHO TRULY UNDERSTANDS HIM.

WE WILL NEVER BE WORTHY BUT THATS THE BEAUTY OF GOD HE LOVES US BECAUSE HE KNOWS OUR HEART
  6. MsE

MsE New Member

If so, you know that we forgive them and love them no matter what. We may not approve of the choices they make, but we don't stop loving them. And if we humans can accomplish this, how much more encompassing must be the love of a God that IS love, for we are His children.