question on lyme testing

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by momof4kids68, Apr 24, 2008.

1. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

I posted this first on the FM board, didn't realize there was a Lyme board!!!

I was treated with antibiotics for Lyme disease back in 1993. I lived in NY for 9 years and it was there that I got diagnosed.

I live in TN now where Lyme is not prevalent. My rheumy says that if I was treated, then I don't have it anymore but some of what I have read says differently.

Many of the symptoms of FM mimic Lyme disease so I'd like to know if some of my problems are residue from Lyme disease

My pcp is willing to do the blood draw for Igenex but what test do I need to order?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. erica741

erica741 New Member

This is the test requisition form on Igenex's website: http://igenex.com/files/PATIENT_TEST_REQUEST_FORM.pdf

The intial tests to get are:
    #188 Lyme Western Blot IgM
    #189 Lyme Western Blot IgG

I would also order:
    #488 30-31 kDa Confirmation Igm
    #489 30-31 kDa Confirmation IgG

The "confirmation" tests will confirm whether any positive results on bands 30 and 31 are due to B. burgdorferi because the Western Blots can give false positives if you have certain viruses (I'm guessing bands 30 and 31 are most susceptable to false positives.)

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Good luck with your Igenex tests!

Erica
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

Just wondering, noticed you'd asked some questions about testing over the summer as well.

Regardless, hope you're doing better!

all the best,
    Victoria