Question on saying

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JaneSmith, Mar 13, 2008.

1. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I sent my daughter in law a check for her birthday. It was about a week late. I called her on her birthday and said her present was in the mail. A week later, I asked my son if his wife received the check and he said she did and she would be calling that night. She never called that night and it's been 4 days and she still didn't call. What would you do. I just thought a quick call to say thank you would be the right thing to do.

What do you think? Should I say something? Should I not give her anymore presents?

A big thank you to all of you who responded. She called my husband at dinner time to say thank you. It took 4 days. I always thank someone immediately and follow up with a thank you card. Again, thank you :)[This Message was Edited on 03/14/2008]
  2. joyfully

joyfully New Member

I don't think I would say anything.

The reason????

A son is your son until he takes a wife.
    Your daughter is your daughter for the rest of your life.

You don't say anything more about this to either one of them and you continue to give her appropriate presents.

Remember, it is more likely that your daughter in law will also be deciding how much your grandchildren will see you. I'd let it go.
  3. doloresf1

doloresf1 New Member

I agree 100% that you should just let it go. Continue to give gifts as always. I hope she has put a loving note in the mail to you. You deserve her thanks. But, please rise above this. Move forward in peace.

4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

for the B-day money and card they just sent me. I try to remember myself but it gets hard with brainfog and so much flu and pain etc...

I don't think your DIL means to be disrespectful.

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I agree with the others Jane. Keep on giving and forgiving.
    It is absolutely unfortunate that people sometimes either forget or overlook the importance of a simple "Thank You", but they do. Don't make her feel guilty - if she's otherwise a good, loving daughter in law, leave it be. Maybe she thought your son had relayed a big thank you on the phone. Sometimes my husband does that for me.

I still live with the nightmare of my wedding.(almost 22 yrs ago) We had a huge mix up of gifts (the department store where we were registered was sending me gifts with wrong cards and no cards)I still cringe knowing that SOMEONE was forgotten. Makes me sick to my stomach.