question on thryroid

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by herbqueen, Jun 5, 2010.

1. herbqueen

herbqueen New Member

my T3 rrevers serum or PLA came back as 539-- range is 90-350.

Can one of thyroid experts tell me what this means? lyme doc ran this test-funny thing is my GP just checked my thyroid earlier this year and everything was fine then.
  2. Amyiable

Amyiable New Member

I recommend this group. They are very knowledgeable and supportive.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/NaturalThyroidHormones/

BTW, your Rt3 is excessively high! You must feel terrible!

Amy
  3. SnooZQ

SnooZQ New Member

Can actually have some anti-thyroid effects because it binds to thyroid hormone receptors on peripheral cells throughout the body, preventing the regular, useful free T3 from "docking" there & being effective.

>>funny thing is my GP just checked my thyroid earlier this year and everything was fine then >>

I'm guessing here ... did your GP order TSH & free T4? That's the conventional MD track for thyroid eval. They often assume that other aspects of thyroid function are of little consequence.

However in your case, the elevated reverse T3 is def. going to adversely influence peripheral uptake of active thyroid hormone.

Best wishes.

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Are you saying your GP ran the same tests? I am somewhat confused about that.

If he/she did I would go to an endocrinologist who have the advantage of years and years of study and expertise on thyroid matters.

Good luck.

gap