Question, opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Dec 13, 2005.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

Ok.. stopped taking lexapro last week. For the past 4 days I have felt even worse than before. I'm in an almost constant fog, have the shakes, am cold but am sweating. I had these symptoms before but now they are worse.

This is why I hate trying new meds cause you can never telll if what you're feeling is from the new meds, stopping the old meds or it's just more symptoms...

I'm finding it almost impossible to concentrate and have 0 energy. If I move too quickly I get light headed and dizzy now too. I just feel auful. I had a very busy weekend and am wondering if I'm feeling the affects of it.

THe only thing I'm currently on is predisone 5mg twice a day and Lunesta every other day so I can take 2 mg as 1mg does squat...

Any opinions? My doctor won't take me off the predisone until I see him for a follow up in January and my ther doctor won't give me the 2mg of lunesta! 2mg at least gives me 4-5 hours of solid sleep but then it's back to 20-30 minutes a shot!
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

why did you stop the Lexapro? Was it not working, or was it causing bad side effects?
  3. cczub

cczub New Member

The doctor stopped the lexapro and xanax since he was using them to treat depression(which I didn't have). They did nothing for me so he stopped them.
  4. FibroJo

FibroJo New Member

Bumping for others
  5. cczub

cczub New Member

this is what the doctor told me... I know the SE on predisone and that's why I'd rather not take it since the reward from taking it is less then the side effects it is causing for me latly. As for the Lexapro, I was waking 10mg a day at bedtime. I cut myself down after he stopped it cold turkey... I came off of it over 1 1/2 weeks.

On a side not... Like I said I've been really out of it for a few days now... I went home last night and tried to prepare my london broil for dinner. Big mistake! I cut right through the meat and right through the tip of my finger. Not bad enough for stiches but pretty damn close... Luckly I wasn't using my fillet knife like I usually use!

Also, I got almost NO sleep last night(was saving a lunesta for 2mg dose tonight). Slept for 1 hour then after that it was 20 minute bursts. Around 1:30 in the am I had to completly change since I was freezing but had sweated through my tee shirt and flannel pants...

I need to find a better doctor!

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Chris