Question Please:

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pogwarden, May 17, 2012.

1. pogwarden

pogwarden New Member

Does anyone out there have knowledge or experience with Low-Dose Naltrexone?

Is anyone actually taking it currently?

Thanks all, in advance.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Look for posts by Deepak - you can do a search for his posts at the top of the board = he is currently using ldn and having good results with it - or do a search for ldn or low-dose naltrexone for more results.

Also if you change the title of your post to something like "question about low-dose naltrexone" or ldn, you may get more responses. It is easier for people if they know what a post is about without having to open each one first.

[This Message was Edited on 05/17/2012]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/17/2012]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. I am a POG myself. Pretty Old Geezer. Come visit the
    Chit Chat board if you want to talk about non medical topics like role
    playing games (my son and I used to play Dungeons and Dragons back in
    the 80s) or sports, or kids, or just about anything except controversial
    topics. We all know what they are.

You can look for info on LDN in the research library above. People were posting
    about it here recently. You can just scroll back through the pages and
    see if any of the posts are helpful.

I have brain damage myself due to Eisenhower's disease. (That's an
    Alzheimer joke.) I am 70 something. Thank goodness I've kept my sense
    of humor and my stunning good looks.

4. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Hi, I am on LDN. This is my second month. I have ME & FM. I am in the early stage of taking the medication but am starting to notice 2 things. One is that my pain has declined as has my use of opiates. I don't need them anymore. I do keep Tramadol handy for a day I get pain that just is too much. (i.e. rainy days). You have to make sure you don't take any Tramadol or opiates within 6 hours before or after you take your LDN.

I have had no adverse reactions. I do have a pleasant side effect. I have spectacular, vivid dreams. They are always pleasant. So since my body is so limited in real life, I enjoy my increased dream life very much.
  5. deepak

deepak Member

I have started taking LDN for KIND OF Fibro symptoms since the last three weeks.

I started on 4.5 mg but think that was a bit much for me at start so now I am at 2 mg which I take between 10 pm and 2 am in the night.

It is surely helping me cognitively and energy wise. The muscle tenderness has become less , though it is still not "normal" .

Do a search on google - there are many good sites for LDN wherein you can gather much information.

With love,
  6. pogwarden

pogwarden New Member

I appreciate the information and thoughts left here. I have checked out several internet sites. I was interested in what real folk had to say. While Naltrexone seems to be directed at FM, I hoping it will help restore a bit of energy to my own self.

The next step is getting my PCP or the Portland VA Hospital Shrinks to let me give it a go. I got nothing to lose. To me, death is an escape, my last great adventure, and I eagerly await its arrival.
  7. pogwarden

pogwarden New Member

Good advice. Thank you. :)
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2012]
  8. pogwarden

pogwarden New Member

Ah...RPGs. Up until only a couple months ago I was hosting two evening and a daytime game at my place. The Blacksheep Gaming Herd of Salem, Oregon has been around for 10 years. Unfortunately, I can no longer host the games. The closer the scheduled date and time get the more anxiety I experience. I dont understand it. Gaming nights are among my favorite of things to do. I dont understand why having a handful of folks, that I've known for years, show up to play sends me into a weeping fit. LOL, so much for any tough guy image I still try to maintain.

"Eisenhower's" huh? Interesting. :) Glad you still got the important things left. As for me, I get miss what I never had, you know. :p
  9. pogwarden

pogwarden New Member

I have had vivid, epic, dreams almost all my life. I would love to get read of them actually. My dreams tend to skue my reality into events opposite of my personality. Dreams leave me deeply depressed, the feeling hanging over me for most of the day. Or angry, with the same results. I like talking about dreams, and how folks experience them and what their dream experiences mean to them.

I had read that about LDN. I'm glad you mentioned the dreams. Thank you. :)
  10. pogwarden

pogwarden New Member

Cool, I'm glad LDN is helping you out. In my researching, it seems the drug has helped more people, to at least some degree, more than not.

Thanks for sharing with me. :)

That goes to everyone. Thank you for sharing your experiences with me.
  11. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Many think and spread the false information that you cannot take opiates with LDN, when the truth is you cannot take them within 6 hours of taking the LDN. You can find this information by watching LDN conferences which are available on YouTube.