Question Re 24 hr Urine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

MMme Curie or others who know...I am doing a 24 hr urine. I also am drinking lots of fluids, even more than normal due to IC and being on Cipro.

Started urine after discarding the first "catch" at 4.30, caught the second at 6.00 am.

It is now noon and the darn big orange bottle is thre quarters full, and clearly is not going to last till 6.00am catch tomorrow.

What am I supposed to do? Miss a few, in order to get morning catch? Or just go till it is full. They are checking protein levels and prob BUN I would think though they did not say.

Any ideas or same thing happens to me welcomed.

Love Anne C
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

collecting allthe urine is important and will put your tests off if you don't because they won't have all the hormones and possible baddies that will collect over 24 hours.

It is esp. important to get taht last morning urine, because your hormones concentrate overnight. So get another bucket, or at least sterilize a container at home.

jeanne
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

It also showed on my tests that I had almost twice the expected urine output. And I even goofed and didn't get another container to get the extra the bucket dind't hold, I just made sure to give them the last morning urine.

Jeanne
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

DH just went over to Convenient Care for a second bucket. I feel embarrassed I pee so much. I wonder if everyone here pees a lot due to the extra liquids we all drink. Dare I post that sometime later????? Glad to know I am not alone in giant pees. Hey, those bottles though are designed for men, I have to stand in the tub naked from waist down to be sure to catch the aim!!!! How about wider neck ones for women, that hole is like 2inches.

Love AC
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I have been stripping down to nothing below waist and standing in the tub. EWith the urgency just getting to that stage with the clean wipe and unscrewing the bottle what a riot.

It is calming down a bit tonight and thanx to mmecurie etal I am not not getting the runs due to splitting the pills in half and taking them four times a day. It would have been impossible.

Gosh I have a dental tomorrow after I drop off urine and have new bloods doen. I think I need to cancel it, just a tiny filling but it does not sound like a good idea. Hope they don't charge me. I'll get dan to call and explain I am sick.

Well off to bed now before 7.30, Danny jnr is in the tub, we are going to listen to the plays on BBC 7 radio and miss the Oscars as I just cannot stay up.

Love Anne C