question re adrenals

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by averilpam, Jun 4, 2003.

1. averilpam

averilpam New Member

I've been reading through some of the posts about adrenal problems and wondered whether a weird symptom I've been getting can be related. I've not had any testing of any sort done, though I'm beginning to think I may need to ask my doc if some can be done.

At night when I'm lying in bed hoping to go off to sleep, or more often when I've woken up and am hoping to get back off to sleep, I get these horrid shivers down my back. It's really uncomfortable, comes in waves and sometimes lasts a while. The nearest thing I can compare it to is an adrenalin 'rush', like when you get a fright,(but without the heart palpitations). It's happening quite a lot.

does this sound familiar to anyone ????
    Pam
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Do a websearch for Dr. Gerald Poesnecker and also for Dr. Bruce Rind. They both have websites loaded with info on our endocrine problems. At Dr. Rind's site, click on the box for thyroid/adreanal, and when it comes up, click on the Metabolic Scorecard. It will give you all the symptoms of both adrenal and thyroid malfunctions. (Sorry, we're not allowed to post URL's here, but a websearch should locate these two sites easily).
    Klutzo
  3. averilpam

averilpam New Member

so much, I'll do that
    Pam
  4. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

What a great scorecard. I am too tired and it's way
    too long for me to finish right now, but it looks
    very helpful. So far, I seem to be a mix! Thanks
    so much for the info.

I have always wondered about Wilson's.
    My endo says it's hogwash.
    My nurse practitioner gyn (former) says it's true.
    My neighbor was diagnosed with it after I told
    her all about it and how I thought I had it. she
    had never heard of it. The next thing I know,
    she told me her holistic dr. told her she
    has it! It was so funny- sort of. You know
    what I mean.

Lynn
  5. averilpam

averilpam New Member

yes I did it too, and came out mostly adrenal, some mixed.

I don't know what Wilson's is (I'll look it up)

I'd already decided to print off the scorecard and take it to my doctor to ask him to get me tested. However I've had an awful few days with intense nausea and last night hardly slept so I'm not going to work today, I'm going to see the doc asap.

I've had an onging pattern for ages of being constipated for a few days followed by a morning of going to the loo a lot!!! I've taken it to be some sort of IBS and just lived with it for ages. The nausea I used to get just with migraines but this year I've been getting it more often, the other symptom being really pale stools. This has been constant for a week or more, really bad bloating (like I'm 6 months pregnant!) and awful nausea so I don't know if it's severe IBS or liver problems, so I decided not to do my usual trick of just leaving things, and go to the doc.

Last time I went to him he said, I do like our little chats!! He's always been really tolerant of the fact that I like to try alternative self help therapies before resorting to any drugs, so I hope he'll be helpful and not write me off as a hypochondriac, especially as I want him to give me a sicknote for work for a while so I can recover a bit.
    Pam