Question re chest pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caffey, Sep 23, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

I was diagnosed with fm a couple of weeks ago and I have a question. When you have chest pain where is it? Is it where the collar bone is? Does it radiate.? What does it feel like? Does it make you short of breath. Does it require medical attention? I had an angioplasty in Mar. so I am nervous everyone time I get pain and I am trying to figure out what is what. I don't want to panic and go to emerg. everytime I have a pain. I just thought of another question. Do your hands hurt or is that the ra? Thanks a million.
    Cath
  2. wendye

wendye Member

Hi

I have chest pain on the left side and in the ribs. My collar bone does hurt also. I do get shot of breath too and feel as though at times I can no breath. my hands have been hurting latley and this is a new symptom for me. I am still trying to get diagnosed so very scary when i really don't know what i have. Hope this helps.

Hugs Wendy
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

Thanks so much for the detailed explanation. I get pain if I press on the upper part of the sternum and to the right and left of it sometimes going over to the shoulders. I was told if I get chest pain to use my nitro spray for 3 doses and if that doesn't stop it to go to er. The other night I took a percoset and 3 doses and in 1/2 it was gone. That probably doesn't help. I have to see my rheumatologist this week so I will mention it to her. You are super.
    Cath