Question re Porchlight

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by caffey, Oct 29, 2006.

1. caffey

caffey New Member

I have been trying to figure it out but can't. Could someone please explain to me what OT Porchlight number whatever means? Thanks.
    Cath
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

The 'porchlight' threads crept up recently as a way for members to sit around and chat a bit, have some fun and discuss things.

The 'ot' means 'off topic' so it's on everything that's not exactly Fibro related. We used to have a chat board as well but no longer have it here.

The number is for the new thread as some of the old one's get lengthy. I myself, am waiting for someone to have a fibro fog moment and miscount, lol.

There are also 'barnyard' chat threads for those who particularly love horses and I'm sure they chat about other things too.

You're welcome to join in on either or both threads. For me, when I get a moment to sit down and check the boards, I'm usually just too tired to keep up with them.

Great people all over this board so enjoy!!!

Hugs,

Nancy B
  3. caffey

caffey New Member

There are so many short forms I find it hard to keep up. It is like learning a new language. This is such a busy board it is really hard to keep up. I am newly diagnosed fm and sometimes I am overwhelmed coming to this board. Unfortunatley I can't read all the posts. I do like that term fibro fog. It beats my term"space cadet".
    Cath
  4. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I post to The Porch and it is hard for me to keep up with it lots of the time also. Please feel free to pop in if you would like. It has really grown since we started it. There is lots of room on the Porch for more people.
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

As Richard M. Nixon use to say: "I'm glad you asked me

that question". I was talking it over with Pat and the

girls and we have decided to possibly go ahead and hire

some SOAP OPERA writers for the PORCH THREAD and that

way one may be gone for months, yet returning to the

PORCH will realize that they really haven't missed a

thing!!

Cath please come to the Porch and it won't be long be-

fore you "catch the drift, the drift, the drift----

Aways a pot of coffee and good, carung friends avail-

able 24/7.

Best Wishes,
    JOE a.k.a. MRDAD

6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

right one. If you want to socalize, tell jokes, exchange recipes, the porch is the place to do it.

Other "on topic" threads are the place to discuss drugs, drs., symptoms, etc.

On the porch you can read exciting riddles like, What did the snail say when it got a ride on one the back of a turtle?

Answer: Wheeeeeeeeee!
  7. Fredericka

Fredericka New Member

It's just a thread to go to so you can let down your hair. Be a little silly and just kick back a bit. I have trouble keeping up, too, but find out that is ok too.

Great folks, fun and acceptance. Everyone's welcome.