Question. re. supps. helping skin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lurkernomore, Sep 17, 2008.

1. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

At some point today I stumbled across a couple of posts in which a supplement was mentioned. It was said that this supplement (was it grapeseed extract?) also had the wonderful side effect of helping skin.

Can anyone help me figure out which supplement that was? I am desperately trying to find anything to help my poor, dried out, wrinkled skin. I also have Sjogren's and I literally feel that somedays I have aged ten years, just overnight! Thanks to anyone who can help me!
  2. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

my skin is so dry and i have scaly patches especially on my feet. my pharmisist told me to try biotin it is a capsel i got mine at walmart it promotes skin hair and nail health. my nails were also dry and brittal since i have started taking it i have notices my scaly skin in my feet start to clear up.

wishing you a great day.
  3. shelbo

shelbo New Member

I , too, am struggling with skin dryness and problems with eye dryness too. I was tested for Sjogrens but it came back negative...I'm pretty sure I don't have it since my mouth is nowhere near as dry as my facial skin or eyes... Isn't Biotin a B vit, BTW? Should it be taken as part of a general B supplement, do you know? Sorry to but in: maybe this will help Lurkernomore in someway too... Shell :)
  4. lurkernomore

lurkernomore New Member

I will definitely be checking into the GSE, Biotin and Cell Food as well. Sjogren's means that the exocrin glands just shut down, so along with the dry eyes and mouth, no oil is produced to the skin either. So it's a constant battle just to keep my skin from being so dry that I just want to claw it 'til it bleeds!

Thanks again, fot the suggestions and I will be on the lookout for all of them. Katie