Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by budmickl, Sep 22, 2007.

1. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I need to buy a new battery for my cell phone. One of the stores locally said a new battery is $40.

I found some on Ebay that are 'new'. AND CHEAP!!!

What is your opinion on buying electronic stuff like this off Ebay?

2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I have purchased quite a bit of things from ebay. I personally feel that they are pretty good at protecting their customers. We bought a replacement battery for our Nikon camera on ebay a while ago. It worked great. We even purchased a brand new RV trailer from ebay motors. The RV dealership drove it across country for us. We looked at models at local dealerships and really researched it. Then we got on ebay motors and saw how much money we could save, even with the shipping costs. It was awesome! Well, this is my personal opinion, hope it works out the same for you. Kim :)
  3. LindaH

LindaH New Member

My granddaughter dropped her cell phone in the toilet. Yep she sure did. It was in there long enough to kill the battery. We couldn't afford to buy one from the store so checked on ebay. We got a good deal and it has been just fine. She already has had it for almost a year. It was a brand new battery. I say if you are not due to get a new phone with your cell plan you can't go wrong if money is an issue. It will save you lots.

4. PBandJ

PBandJ New Member

What a coincidence,
    My cell phone battery won't hold a charge either. Since it is a Tracfone {pre-paid} I don't know if I can exchange phones or not.

I was looking at e-bay too.

Seems some of the dealers have a return policy.

I think I will try to get one of them online. I can't afford $40 for a battery.

5. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I'm not due for a new phone yet, and to be honest, I really like the one I have now. I'm not sure I'll get a new one when it's time.

I took the bait and bought a battery off Ebay. I might be out $15 or it might be great. The store I got it from has 99% positive feed back out of thousands of responses. Can't be too bad!

6. Doober

Doober New Member

check at Radio shack or even at Walmart in the lectronics department for the batteries. My wife needed a new charger and when she called the carrier (Verizon) they said they had replacements at $39. She found a generic charger (on the back lists compatable models) for $14.99.

Cell phone batteries are pretty generic for a lot of models, just the labels on the batteries are different to give you the perception that you can ONLY get the batteries from the manufacturer of the cell phone. Maybe look on-line at Radio Shack and see if you can find replacement batteries. In fact while typing this, I just checked out radio shack website and found a batteries for my phone for $13.99.
  7. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I just checked the web site and didn't find a battery for my phone there. That is strange because they have everything there! I never thought of checking them first.

Oh well, the price sort of evened out Ebay vs Radio Shack this time.