question regarding flexril

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

Does anyone take this during the day time and if so how much? I find that it makes me very sleepy and I don't want to feel that way during the day time, is there a different kind of med to help with the losing of the muscles that will let me stay awake during the day? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Love to all, Ann
  2. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Ann ... that can be a problem when first using flexeril .. I started out using it only at night and it helped with sleep issues .. but that was a few years ago .. my system adapted to it quickly and it no longer made me sleepy .. but it still help with tense muscles .. and migraine headaches ..

I'm not sure what else would help that would not make you sleepy .. it is a side affect of many of the meds we take for relief.
    I know this might sound strange .. but have you tried L-Tryptophan ? .. I don't think it would make you as sleepy .. and it might just relax your muscles enough for daytime relief .. I take 1000 mgs .. at night actually ..

I'm sorry I couldn't help with a more clear cut solution.
    I hope you can find one !
    Good Luck !
    Joy : )
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I take a drug called Norflex, also a muscle relaxant. I don't find I get fatigue with it. I usually take one every morning at work.

All the best,

Eileen
  4. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

was there any side effects with you from this medication?
    I am going to a clinic today and see if the Dr there can suggest with med I should use. Thanks for your input.

love to all, Ann
  5. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

is L-Tryptophan a muscle relaxer too? I have not heard of this...something to think about. Thank you for your information.

love to all, Ann
  6. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

I don't experience any side effects at all. I find it is quite helpful with muscle spasms, but not always with the really deep muscle pain.

Every little bit helps eh!

Eileen
  7. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

So true, every little bit does help doesn't it, if you don't mind me asking how much do you pay for this prescription? I won't have my benefit plan for another few weeks. thank you again for your information.

love to all, Ann
  8. caffey

caffey New Member

Is an awful drug to take during the day. I couldn't stay awake. I would suggest baclofen or robaxacet ( over the counter) or take half a pill of what ever.
    Cath
  9. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

It was about $150.00 Canadian for a 100 pills. A little expensive if you don't have a health plan!
  10. Kimba4318

Kimba4318 New Member

HI Ann -
    My doc gives me the Flexeril at night (I sleep heavy on it) & Skelaxin during the day (does not make me drowsy)

He told me they were both muscle relaxants.

Good Luck, let us know what you come up with.
    Hugs
    Kim
  11. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Ann ... L-tryptophan is not exactly a muscle relaxer .. but it may calm some of your frayed edges enough to let your muscles relax a bit .. that old addage about turkey making you sleepy because it contains this element ..
    The dose wouldn't be enough to make you sleepy .. just relaxed perhaps ?
    Joy