Question Regarding Joan Lunden - CFS??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerriM, Mar 15, 2003.

1. TerriM

TerriM New Member

I met another woman who has CFS and has been sick for several years. She told me that Joan Lunden had CFS . . . I know she has written some books on healthy lifestyle and eating, but I did not know this . . . Does anyone know if this is true? Thanks! Terri
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

She leads such an active lifestyle it's hard to believe but maybe someone else knows the answer.

Pam
  3. Hippo

Hippo New Member

But if it should turn out that she DOES have it, that would generate very bad publicity for the rest of us. People would look at Joan Lunden and think all CFS patients should be able to do what she does.

Hippo
  4. TerriM

TerriM New Member

doubtful that this is true, but I knew if anyone had heard of it someone here would know. The woman said Joan Lunden had it years ago and is recovered . . . I believe you can recover, but she seems so active that I am doubting this to be true. I do know someone who is recovered, but he still has to be careful not to overdo and relapse . . . Terri
  5. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Oh my......Lane, that was priceless, 'not all things can be cured that way' (mind over matter).....am still roflmao....
    & I agree that she would be a BAD example of someone w/CFS.
    Pixie
  6. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Three singers: Cher, Stevie Nicks, and LeeAnn Rimes all had CFS and all have fully recovered. I don't know about Ms. Rimes, but Cher and Stevie both spent most of two yrs. in bed before they got better. Wish they'd share their secrets of recovery with everyone else.
    Klutzo
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Can be the kiss of death. I admire Montel Williams and Teri Garr for coming forward. Annette Funicello was also very brave. I wish there were more news on how she is doing, but I fear it wouldn't be good news.

Cher never admitted she was sick, but she didn't deny it either.

Love, Mikie

8. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

There was someone being interviewed {forgot who}, whats new,anyway she spoke about Cher and her little appearance on friends,I think it was. She said no one really saw her she came in with alot of help and travels with a bed. She came and went straight to her bed in Travel trailor I gather. Even when she tours, her costumes changes everyone does it for her putting on clothes while she rests. Last interview I saw of her you could tell how hard she was trying to stay focused. Only we would notice. She came off aloof, I think she just had too worry about how she answered. She said she took Sam-e and got better after tons of docs. I do not think she is well only has alot of help and rests alot. People who have this and saw her in concert said she was not the same & could tell she had to sit several times. She maybe better than what she was or some remission which cfids can happen. She probably afraid to say too much or she would not get work or insurance. Liz in an interview mentioned how the industry is when you are ill