Question regarding Meds.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ugogrl54, Jan 12, 2007.

1. ugogrl54

ugogrl54 New Member

Hello Everyone:
    I am very interested to know if any of you suffering with FM have experienced this problem. I am currently on meds. for extreme back pain, muscle pain, and the list goes on. I am able to cope with my pain with the meds., but I find there are many days when I require more in order to be productive. My pain is increasing more and more, so somedays I have to take more than prescibed because the pain is so bad, I can't stand it. I was always a very strong and hard working person. If it wouldn't be for the medication, I would probably be dead from the pain. And I mean that. Many times I had to go to the emergency room for help, and the wait was so long, I had to leave. Sometimes the pain is so intense that I get very sick to my stomach. Most of the time I can't be on my feet too long, because it will send me to the bed in order to deal with it. If I look up, or become too active my body goes into the shakes, and I get very weak and the pain becomes more intense. I never get high on my meds, because they strickly control the pain, but my question is, what does this sound like to you? I'm getting more and more disgusted with my life because of this. I have a sister with the same symptoms, and she hardly ever comes out the house anymore because of the pain. We both had to quit our jobs because of this. I am at my wits end!
  2. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I was so tired of being dependent of my medicine and building a tolorence.

I discuss with my Dr. about the Fentynal patch. It was the best move I ever did. No more pils. Except on the exremely bad days for break thru pain, And I would only take Advil.

Hope this helps.
    Good luck,
    God Bless,
    Cindy
  3. FibroPainSufferer

FibroPainSufferer New Member

It sounds like we have similar stories! I came onto this site for the first time last night & even though I’m in pain also, it’s nice to talk to people who understand!

Good luck to you & I’ll keep you in my prayers also!