Question regarding social security????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stinker56, Feb 10, 2006.

1. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

This question has probably already been asked. Please forgive me for repeating but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I applied for SSD in November and today received two letters sending me to two different doctors for examinations. Is this a normal part of the process or a good sign? One doctor is for the physical aspects and the other is for depression/anxiety. Does everyone have to go thru this process? Any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated.
    Stinker56
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Yes it is normal procedure. I had to do it. Be aware that the SS docter is on the side of SS and proving you DON'T need it. They can be rude,so be prepared. If the day you go for the exam you are feeling O.K., make sure you answer as you would on your worst days. I know I tend to try to play down how bad I feel, because I don't want to come across as a complainer or whiney. But this is the time to to let them know how bad you feel and what you can no longer do. Make sure to have someone with you. They will treat you better, and it helps to have someone for support and to think of all the things to say. I get neevous and forget stuff so I write things down and bring a list. Hope this helps. If you have more questions I would be happy to help if I can. I am about to go to court for my hearing in March. I had to appeal, was turned down first time. I guess that is common procedure. Good luck.:)
    Claudia
  3. GBHope

GBHope New Member

Had to see a psychiatrist that works with them. He was very nice and it all went right through.

GBHope
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

when I applied and my experience was quite good, especially with the MD. He didn't know much of cfids so he got out some books and did some reading and asked me questions. He wrote a really helpful letter to ss. I had a review and was sent to another doctor who was awful to see but I had no problems keeping my disability so maybe it wasn't as bad as I thought. It's definately standard procedure though. Good Luck! AMY